Seal Savers.....??????

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Seal Savers.....??????

Post by jafo »

I kind of believe in what seal savers do because they saved my seals last season. But as some of you know, I've had a stiction problem lately. I decided to tear the seal savers off to see if they were some of the problem. I noticed an immediate difference. It did free up the front end alittle, along with a re-alignment of the front wheel. I have'nt rode the bike yet to see if there is any improvment there.

Also, I was needing to ask, since this is the only set of inverted forks I have on a bike. I was wondering, how does your forks react when you stand the bike up off the kickstand? Does your fork give under some under the weight of the bike? If you pull up on the bars, does the forks freeze in that position until you put some weight on them again?

Here's a normal reaction for my forks. The bike resting on it's kick stand extends the forks all the way out. When I push the bike up off the kickstand, the forks give to the weight of the bike and compress about a 1/4". They kind of stick ther until you pull up on the bars or drop the bikes weight back on the kickstand quickly. If you ease the bike back onto the kickstand, the forks stay in the position where they compressed to. There does'nt seem to be alot of resistance in that first 3 or 4 inches of travel on these forks. It's very "plush". Is this due to the oil level maybe? I have my clivkers set at 8 clicks out from the softest setting. But it does'nt seem to matter whether you have the clickers set as stiff as you can, the reaction with the forks in that first 4" of travel is basicaly the same.

I had Emig Racing re-valve these forks for woods riding and he also put in stock Kawasaki seals and new fluid last year.

So what do the experts here think?