bottom end sputter

Got questions? We got answers....
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: bottom end sputter

Post by John_S »

I read (I think on this website) where someone had suggested running guitar string back and forth through every passage of the carb. I would try that before spending money for a new carb. One tiny spec of dirt is all it takes. Also, if you have a magnifying glass take a look at the needle jet where the needle enters into it. Over time those can become out of round from the needle rubbing on it 1000's of times. If it's even slightly oblong the carb is worn out. The needle jet is pressed into the jet block on PWK's. A new jet block is $90 and I only know of one guy who sells them but at that point it's better to buy a new carb. I had that on a PE 34 carb but fortunately the needle jet is replaceable on those and it ran like new after replacing it. The out of round was only noticeable with a magnifying glass. The symptom was an air screw that had no effect, and spooge that would basically spray paint your hand if you put it behind the silencer.
Kdxjarret

bottom end sputter

Post by Kdxjarret »

Any update???? Mine has all the same issues but will eventually foul a plug.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: bottom end sputter

Post by bufftester »

My experience with the chinese PWK clones was not good. Tried 2 on my RMX250 and neither worked out of the gate. One had gouges in the float valve seat and the other was simply untuneable no matter what I did. I have heard others say theirs worked fine so probably just luck of the draw for me.