MAINTENCE QUESTION? (HELP)

Got questions? We got answers....
beeds3000

MAINTENCE QUESTION? (HELP)

Post by beeds3000 »

I just bought a 1997 KDX 200 off my buddy he road it alot when he first bought it. but the past fews years hasn't been ridden much. It has never had any real maintmence done to it. What all do you think I should do to it?????? I want to do it right
Last edited by beeds3000 on 10:25 pm Feb 23 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff T. Biderman
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'd tear it down and grease the bearings front to back on the bike. Check the condition of the reeds and top end. Replace if necessary.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Get a shop manual so you know how to access the bearings m0rie speaks of. Ebay is a good source for the manual. Also, check your chain and sprockets, change all fluids; brake, fork, shock. Inspect and lube the throttle and cable. Replace the air filter and oil it properly. Check all fasteners for correct torque. This will also requre the manual I spoke of. Always use good tools, starting with six point sockets. Check the brake pads and rotors for wear.

In general, check all wear items as outlined in the shop manual. Once you have the bike within specs, you will be ready to start hopping that freshened ride up!!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!