Selling a bike - how do you handle test rides?

Got questions? We got answers....
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Selling a bike - how do you handle test rides?

Post by Friedom »

Davenay67 wrote:
Friedom wrote:How can they steal your bike if their vehicle is sitting there in the driveway? I usually let people ride after some conversation to assess them. Never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
As long as it's their vehicle, and they didn't steal to get to your place. :)
Haha good point!

ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

I can see your point but also consider we have had more rip offs in my area by people driving up with a buddy and he takes off

your first instinct run after.....by which the other gets away

hells bells had three thefts and a kdx stolen in cleveland by UBER driver......you know the guy who doesnt know the guy and doesnt care and it just so happens to be a dump cell. Yea called the stolen ad and dude was pissed whats he going to do sue uber?

I agree you can have a conversation and I have had only small problems so far but in the long run it isnt worth it.

Your only assuming its their vehicle and such I dont let the doubt or question enter the deal. Anymore a buck is too much to risk and so is your life and assets. Talk to any lawyer and he will tell you the same. Well unless its a divorce lawyer and he will tell you the ex gets the kdx. :blink:

Had a guy here with a cbr900 super nice bike. Had two white dudes dressed like jehova witnesses and such. Two drove up one got out and handed him fake money looked real too but didnt pass the marker test later. Dude thought meh cash in hand both take off thought......meh suckers he still has the title. It was recovered and used in a store robbery plates reported and it was thrashed not really worth investing in again and on top of that he had a slew of charges to get dismissed due to his name and robbery ......he even had cops show up at his work. Tap that into impound fees bike was eventually forfeited to the state and all total of an extra 900 bucks in court fees and 500 lawyer fees to get represented. So dude not only was out of his money for bike but the extra hassle and fees that lasted a good deal afterward .........not to mention his insurance automatically going up due to his robbery sprees.

Its just people nowadays honestly it would be a whole different topic if it was asked 10 or 15 years ago.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Thanks for the good conversation guys. I'll give this some serious thought now.

Davenay67

Post by Davenay67 »

In the process of selling my street bike. All these horror stories are making me a little queasy..!! I am going to trust my gut for now, but definitely given the advice some serious thought.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

A worst case scenario could be when 2 people come to see the bike. One takes the test ride while the other takes off right behind, both never to be seen again.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hold their drivers license??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128