New to me KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
Dustp115

New to me KDX200

Post by Dustp115 »

Hello all, first post.

Just picked up this old KDX200 for a couple hundred bucks, been sitting under a shed for who knows how long. Picked it up from a gentleman I know whos son just stopped using it and he got tired of it sitting in his shed. I plan to restore it to usable condition and putt around the woods with it.

All I have done to it is kick it a few times and it started right up with no effort at all.
What do you fellas think , I really have no clue about this bike on what all has been done to it, so any info on what is stock and what is not would be helpful.
Also how does it sound? I have had street bikes , 4wheelers and sxs all my life , but this is my first 2 stroke dirt bike. Right now it smokes more than I think it should but I plan on tearing down the carb and going through it this weekend and getting some fresh fuel and just go from there, but I am sure I will have tons of questions along the way :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New to me KDX200

Post by bufftester »

First, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the purchase. Looks to be an H-series 200 (1995-2006). As for aftermarket I see the following just off-hand: skid plate, bark busters, IMS desert tank, Dyno Port pipe (no info on these, I know they are big in the snowmobile world but never seen one on a KDX), 2 Bros silencer, though I don't recall them ever making one for 2T bikes, probably why the sketch pipe installation is there. The seat cover (at least what is left of it) isn't stock, same goes for the frame protectors. Something odd going on with what looks like a fuel filter on some really long hose? IF the stickers can be believed, appears the suspension had been worked on at some point. Looks like someone lost or stripped the kick starter retaining bolt at some point and "repaired" it. Bars look like pro-taper or pro-taper clones. Definitely needs some work, but also a testament to these KDXs....abandoned and abused and still fires up!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New to me KDX200

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on the mystery machine, as well as having a lime green super golf cart.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Dustp115

Re: New to me KDX200

Post by Dustp115 »

Thanks , for info ,It is a 96. I figured the twin brothers exhaust was wrong , and the fuel line is just stupid long.

The Sega continues I pulled the carb apart this afternoon. The float was way outta wack , it's got a 150RD main jet a 50 pilot and the clip on the needle was at the bottom . Air screw was 2 1/2 turns out . I haven't messed with it yet besides cleaning it, but I bet I will be ordering new jets. Also I gotta find me a hardware kit because every nut and bolt on this thing is a different size

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk