95 spanny mod

Got questions? We got answers....
MotoLoco

95 spanny mod

Post by MotoLoco »

Would love an fmf but they are pricey over here. Had good results with yam dtr's chopping the baffle stuff out of the standard exhaust, in my humble opinion they went better than the popular dep pipe at the time.
Am new here, sure it's been covered before but any advice appreciated. Looks a bit of a job from the outside but I have a tame welding guru at disopal :grin:
cornishwrecker220

95 spanny mod

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

The OE KDX pipe is very strong but also dam heavy ! I wouldn't say it was restrictive as such , it works fine as it is but an aftermarket pipe such as FMF or Pro Circuit will make a noticeable difference in performance & weight !

Check out EBay , I'm sure I recently saw a second hand FMF front pipe advertised :grin:
MotoLoco

95 spanny mod

Post by MotoLoco »

Think you may be right. Took the oe pipe of for a look the other day and it could be used be used to anchor a small boat :lol: have managed to dent it in a Welsh quarry mind but thats part and parcel of 2 stroke ownership.
Been on the look out on ebay though not a lot turning up secondhand. A tatty pc pipe was all really. May have to bite the bullet a purchase new, if i can find the cash its defo the best bet. Stripping out the standard one looks a major job but still tempted. Was wondering if anyone here has done the same.