Headlight and Bracket

Got questions? We got answers....
Afill

Headlight and Bracket

Post by Afill »

Hi everyone, I am happy new owner of a rebuilt 89 KDX200. I am really looking forward to ride it at the cottage with my sons and to use it on local trails.

The previous owner removed the headlight assembly including the bracket. I was wondering if any of you would have any suggestions regarding the bracket and headlight assembly. I suspect the voltage regulator has been removed as well.

I would normally not bother but local trails require a headlight. Thanks.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Headlight and Bracket

Post by KDXGarage »

Someone in another thread was mentioning a UFO Ghibli light. There are a few options available.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Headlight and Bracket

Post by 6 Riders »

The 89-94 kdxs don't have a bracket for the light. The light mounts to the odometer mount and bolts directly to the lower triple. I removed my odo and just used zip ties up top.
The UFO Ghibli head light is the same as the 95+ kdx and can be mounted with straps, or using the 95+ brackets. Not sure if the 95+ brackets work on older models though.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
The Dirt Wizard

Headlight and Bracket

Post by The Dirt Wizard »

I just went through this on my 1990 KDX. It's kind of slim pickings. I ended up using the UFO Ghibli headlight. You don't need to worry about a bracket since you use rubber straps to attach the light to the forks. They seem to be out of stock a lot of places online and they're not listed anymore on the UFO website so they might have been discontinued. It looks like they still have some here http://www.frpoffroad.com/ufo-headlight ... d=22819696. I ended up getting a used one. You might be able to find one on ebay. Also on my bike the bulb connector was different and the bulb was a different size so I just put my old headlight in the new UFO plastic fairing. You might need to order a headlight pigtail for a 1995 and newer KDX so you can hook it up since you don't have an original headlight to use. It's a nice set up. It looks good on the bike and the plastic is pretty flexible so it shouldn't crack too easily.
Afill

Headlight and Bracket

Post by Afill »

I think I'm good to go guys. Many thanks for the excellent advice. I hope I can return the favor in the future.