95 kdx purple shock boots have to go/replace with ?

Got questions? We got answers....
nation

95 kdx purple shock boots have to go/replace with ?

Post by nation »

i hav ethe purple ones but im unsure of what after market company makes a black replacemnet
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'm sure they are out there. You could just buy a set of OEM Kawi ones from a year that had black ones. Or run a set of shortie seal savers.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

EMGO makes some...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Where are you located ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
nation

Post by nation »

norcal
my new fork are on the way.i was looking at the seal savers but i was unsure of how well they would work in a wet condition
were would i find on line a set of EMGO?
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

I just went through this....

The Kawi boots from a newer year bike are $57 EACH. Thats $114 for the PAIR.

Tried a few different pairs of aftermarket boots, but none of them looked right. Too bad, 'cause they were only $25 a pair....

I throughly scrubbed my purple stockers and mixed up a double-strong batch of black RIT dye with HOT water and salt, like it says in the directions. Find a container large enough to fit the boots without collapsing them and toss 'em in. Let them soak like 2 or three hours, turning them every once in awhile. Rinse well with hot water until the rinse water is clear.

So far, this has been VERY permanent, although I only wash my bike with Simple Green. I normally wouldn't try something like this, but a buddy talked me into it. Since I was about to order the Kawi ones, I had nothing to lose. I was AMAZED when I pulled them out of the dye. Total cost: Less than $10 in Rit dye....
98 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

EMGO is a standard aftermarket parts supplier, I think I got my last pair at MXSOUTH.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

I have some black boots on mine from an xr 400 they fit right up.
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
nation

Post by nation »

just ordered a set of emgo
hope they turn out