Klotz tcw3 premix

Got questions? We got answers....
Ed5786

Klotz tcw3 premix

Post by Ed5786 »

Does anyone run either the Klotz motorcycle tcw3 or snowmobile tcw3 premix? I have read elsewhere that tcw3 oils should not be run in motorcycle engines due to the higher temps. But Klotz has a motorcycle tcw3. The snowmobile stuff is the same with an additive to keep it thinner. Right now I run R50, and it is great oil but when I'm riding with my son I do not build enough heat to keep it burning cleanly. I am not looking to start an oil debate, just looking for opinions on the Klotz tcw3 oils. The search function didn't come up with much.
1998 KDX200
Fmf gnarly woods
Boyesen reeds
13/49 gearing
stedee

Re: Klotz tcw3 premix

Post by stedee »

I have 3 gallon of Klotz techniplate TC-W3 Power Valve snowmobile oil KL-216. I called Klotz and asked if it was OK to use it in my KDX 220. Ed at the tech dept. told me that It was more than Ok to use. In fact, he said I could use it in any 2-stroke motor I own.
Klotz Technical Support- 260-490-0489.
Just bought a nice KDX and going to mix up my first batch at 32-1 to try and go from there.
stedee
The_Drew

Post by The_Drew »

stedee wrote:I have 3 gallon of Klotz techniplate TC-W3 Power Valve snowmobile oil KL-216. I called Klotz and asked if it was OK to use it in my KDX 220. Ed at the tech dept. told me that It was more than Ok to use. In fact, he said I could use it in any 2-stroke motor I own.
Just bought a nice KDX and going to mix up my first batch at 32-1 to try and go from there.
stedee

I use KL-216. It works great and burns clean in my 94 KDX200 (I also use it in my sons Blaster and my Craftsman weedeater)
SeattleGuy

Post by SeattleGuy »

stedee wrote: 06:07 pm May 06 2017 I have 3 gallon of Klotz techniplate TC-W3 Power Valve snowmobile oil KL-216. I called Klotz and asked if it was OK to use it in my KDX 220. Ed at the tech dept. told me that It was more than Ok to use. In fact, he said I could use it in any 2-stroke motor I own.
stedee
Just got my 220. They are going with Klotz Snowmobile 40:1 -- the piston is clean AF btw I saw the scoping pics -- but still coming out this winter as it has a B and an arrow on it....
kick

Post by kick »

Ed5786 wrote: 04:55 pm May 05 2017 Does anyone run either the Klotz motorcycle tcw3 or snowmobile tcw3 premix? I have read elsewhere that tcw3 oils should not be run in motorcycle engines due to the higher temps. But Klotz has a motorcycle tcw3. The snowmobile stuff is the same with an additive to keep it thinner. Right now I run R50, and it is great oil but when I'm riding with my son I do not build enough heat to keep it burning cleanly. I am not looking to start an oil debate, just looking for opinions on the Klotz tcw3 oils. The search function didn't come up with much.
I run the tcw3 in my KDX and yz250. Single track, road riding, etc. I have also used the tcw2 and the white bottle techniplate from the early ninetys. All of it is good in my opinion. The yz I bought new in 01 and used klotz exclusively its whole life. Normal power valve maintenance should be done no matter what oil you choose to use.