It seems that i need a new rear fender now!

Got questions? We got answers....
layoutd

It seems that i need a new rear fender now!

Post by layoutd »

Putting a 12 sprocket on the front does add a lot more torque :mrgreen:

however, i seem to be missing a rear fender now. since my light doesn't work much i was thinking of getting an mx fender. i am assuming this would be cheaper. i will eventually get another fender with a light, but am looking at an mx one now. i know that FRP has mx ones, but does any of the kx model fenders fit on the KDX? (96-present) might be able to get a better deal on a kx one i am thinking.

oh, and MSR carbon steel handle bars are as soft as noodles. one "little" lick and one side is in my lap. the renthal that was on there before was a beast. i guess you get what you pay for though.
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
P455

Post by P455 »

Can't help you with your fender question, but I can attest to the 12-tooth sprocket!

I put a 12 on my 200 with the desert pipe and that thing is a wheelie monster! I love it!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: eventually...

Whatever unlighted version you end up with a number of riders use LED marker type lights on an MX-style fender with good results.

I don't know if any KX fender fits. I doubt any would..but haven't tried it.

Hopefully your subframe extension doesn't look anything like Ski's did after his son did the 'need a new fender' trick!

Thanks for the bar input. I've been tempted to the 'spend less' side (the DARK side!!), but Renthal has proven their bars to me over and over!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I have crap bars on my bike gonna change them when I do my KX fork swap. My kid went through 2 sets in a week . I put renthals on his and they've been fine for quite a few spectacular crashes. He's amazing. Could be a future cruise missile test pilot. :supz:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220