1990 KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
edgeman68

1990 KDX200

Post by edgeman68 »

I have a KDX I would like to have rebuilt. I see that the site admin Jason might live reasonably close to me. wondering who folks might recommend to do the work? I live on the gulf coast in Mississippi.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1990 KDX200

Post by KDXGarage »

I have not heard of anyone in the gulf coast area as far as builders. If you don't trust someone local you may need to mail it off.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I'm not in the gulf coast, but I'd love to rebuild your bike.....
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
edgeman68

Post by edgeman68 »

Just want the engine done. One of the previous owners busted off the power valve arm on the right hand side of the engine. It ran well enough to give my stepson a few lessons, but he got it hot last time out so now it is spewing coolant from the top of the head. Want to get the engine squared away while it is still salvageable. 6 Riders you are pretty knowledgeable with these engines?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Yup, own a couple of them....the bad news is that the parts are hard to come by. The good news is, if you can get the parts, they really run good and last for years.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Yup, own a couple of them....the bad news is that the parts are hard to come by. The good news is, if you can get the parts, they really run good and last for years.
I'm in AZ right now, a lot of time on my hands and would love to have at your bike. What's your budget? :lol:
edgeman68

Post by edgeman68 »

Funny you say that. I am from AZ actually. Grew up there and spent most of my life there.

As far as budget, trying to do this as inexpensively as possible while still being correct. I have 4 kids and this one is for my oldest. If I could get my CR480 sold the money wouldn't be an issue, but I am learning that MS is not the place to sell an old school 2 smoker.