Where to order carb parts?

Got questions? We got answers....
Wythe78

Post by Wythe78 »

Hi, I just bought a 1991 KDX250 and have been doing a lot of reading here. The carb was totally stock when I got it and the bike was covered in unburnt fuel. I have found a 38 slow jet and a 158 main jet locally but cannot find a #6 throttle valve or a needle. I live in Canada and have no problem ordering and paying for new parts, I just haven't had any luck finding them. I also read 2 different recommendations for needles, a R1367H and a R1370H. Can anyone confirm which one is correct?
I have gone over the bike and it starts first or second kick, only shows 1500 km on the odometer, and seems to be in great condition. I replaced the plug with one step hotter, fresh fuel mixed 40:1 with expensive oil. Hopefully I can get it running smoothly and hit the trails. And help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where to order carb parts?

Post by 6 Riders »

newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your KDX.

jetsrus and sudco seem to be the two most often recommended places.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Why did you go to a hotter plug?
Dave B
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Dave B »

You could try Winners Circle, they are a Keihin distributer here
in Ontario. http://www.winnerscirclecanada.com
Wythe78

Post by Wythe78 »

Thanks for the replies, I ended up finding everything on ebay. My goal is to get the bike running as good as possible without covering me in unburnt fuel, that's why I went to a hotter plug. The carb changes are going to be new orings, 1367 needle, #6 slide, 38 slow jet, and 158 main. Hopefully this will get it running a bit cleaner. From all the reading I've done this seems like a good place to start. I'm open to all advice though! :grin:
Wythe78

Post by Wythe78 »

So I took the bike for a really good ride today for the first time since buying it. I don't have the slide or needle I ordered in it yet but have re-jetted it. It seems to run really well except for a bit of a bog at mid range power. I'm hoping the #6 slide will fix this up. The top end is awesome though! :grin: cruising down logging roads is a blast when you keep the rpms up! I haven't ridden a 2 stroke for several years and forgot how much fun they are! I also pulled the exhaust back off and used high temp silicone at the cylinder/pipe connection and at the pipe/silencer connection 2 days ago and now I have no sludge oozing out, just a little bit at the end of the silencer. The bike is a real pain to get in and out of my lifted truck though, its pretty hefty. I think I'll have to be more strategic with where I park to unload. Has anyone had any experience with the midrange bog? Should the new slide help?
krischy

Post by krischy »

Hello,
I have the same bike 91 kdx250 and it runs too rich. When i go downhill on the trails i have to pull the cluch and rev it, otherwise the plug goes wet and stops sparking. I disassambled the carb, main jet 158, pilot 42. Can’t find other jets yet, adjusted the clip of the needle #3 from top (was on 2) but it is still the same. The bike burns a lot gasoline i mean even for two-stroke is alot. What exactly is #6 slide and that 1367 needle? I have trouble translating these terms on my language. Can you give me more info or provide some pics of what you are talking about, please?