Do i need to replace piston, is it really bad ?

Got questions? We got answers....
javjacob

Re: Do i need to replace piston, is it really bad ?

Post by javjacob »

Don't even consider sleeving that cylinder. Plated bores are by far superior and that's what they came with from the factory. Plated cylinders have closer tolerances which means less blow by, make more power, run cooler, easier to prep for a new piston down the road and they last 10 times longer than a iron or steel sleeve. The price difference won't be much if anything. Millennium only charges about $210 for a replate. It would be completely foolish to down grade to a sleeve.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
raver8

Post by raver8 »

Oh I dont think thats cylender had been already sleeved. There is diametr in service limit of manual
Yeah of couse replate is real better solution ...for USA ... but i'm in East Europe there is no fck*ng way to get this option in time like 2 or 5 days
...it's gonna be weeks and not superior service at all :mad: Thanx you guys for help ... If you have any kind of good condition used cylender (kdx200)
and piston, it's ok if there little damaged or something ...i'l buy it :cool: p.s. cant find good cylender on ebay (
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OK. Eastern Europe, so at least we know that now. Langcourt is in the UK. Is that an option for you and/or your budget?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
raver8

Post by raver8 »

Langcourt pretty far away. We have not so good mail postal service there, it's crap. very slow
from usa priority mail will be faster ... if i can find seller