share/review my recent KDX upgrades

Got questions? We got answers....
Kiddreamr

Post by Kiddreamr »

My son outgrew his bike and is now ready for the KDX. 2002 KDX220 was showing its age with all the original plastic so I decided to give her a make over. Only problem is now I don't want to give her up :doh:
How she sits now:
What I did:
[*]Polisport Halo headlight $65, 35watt H4 halogen, only required a $3 H4 headlight plug from local autopart store to wire it up.
[*]Clarke 3.6 gallon oversized tank, not really thrilled with the quality compaired to factory tank. Wish I would have went with the stock size. This one is bulbous and I feel it pushes the front on the seat back a little but its ok.
[*]Factory Effex rad shroud graphics $40 ebay, original graphics were beat up
[*]Enduro Engineering bar riser (up and forward) with Zeta one piece top clamp, really like this set up
[*]Guts seat foam (medium) and cover, really like the foam, just a tad firmer than stock, nice cover
[*]UFO replacment side covers, required a little triming to fit, not oem quality but it works
[*]Maier mx style rear fender with DRC led tail light, fender color match exactly to factory color
[*]Hyde skid plate, after some fitting/cutting, works good. Was a major PIA to take on and off but now I have figured it out and can take off/on easy
[*]Galfer stainless front/rear brake lines, PO had some knock off torquise colored brake lines
Already had FRP suspension magic performed with Racetech gold valves. This winter I want to do RB head and carb mods with Vforce 3 reed valve then I think she will be finished.
If anybody wants more details/pics let me know. Trying to get this post finished before heading into work.
Last edited by Kiddreamr on 07:34 pm Mar 24 2017, edited 2 times in total.
Willbilly

Re: share/review my recent KDX upgrades

Post by Willbilly »

What bark busters. Which model top clamp, i need one but i don't see the 2002 kdx220 as an option. bike looks sharp
Kiddreamr

Post by Kiddreamr »

Thanks Willbilly. Looks like I got how to post pics figured out. The bark busters are Enduro Engineering brand I had left over from a previous bike. I added Cycra plastic shields. If you are looking for bark busters I would recommend Cycra Probend. If you are running the factory bar risers for 7/8" bars I would go with the FRP top clamp. Im using Enduro Engineering bar risers for 1 1/8" fat bars. You won't find a one piece top clamp for fat bars listed for a kdx. I measure 90mm between the bolts of top clamp. Its the Zeta SX top clamp, part #ZE31-3190 about $44.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Kiddreamr wrote:Image
That's a REALLY nice-looking bike. :supz: :bravo: :supz:
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Dang that's a great looking bike! Really nicely done.... clean and tasteful :supz:

I really like those bar risers.... I'm looking to get some myself, as even with Pro Taper woods high bars, they're still way too low and I can't stand up properly. Is the spacing on the top bolts the same as the stock clamps? i have the hard metal protector case for my Trail Tech Vapor and it mounts using the top 2 bolts, gotta make sure the spacing is the same so it'll fit right
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by firsthere »

Nice looking machine, how do you like the risers? I have a set of Rox risers on my 230 but can't really see a need on the KDX (at my height).

How about some tips on posting pics?
Kiddreamr

Post by Kiddreamr »

thirdgenlxi wrote:Is the spacing on the top bolts the same as the stock clamps? i have the hard metal protector case for my Trail Tech Vapor and it mounts using the top 2 bolts, gotta make sure the spacing is the same so it'll fit right
The spacing is the same as it mounts to the triple clamps in the same spot. The difference is fat bars use a bigger bolt size for the top clamp.
firsthere wrote:Nice looking machine, how do you like the risers? I have a set of Rox risers on my 230 but can't really see a need on the KDX (at my height).
How about some tips on posting pics?
Thank you, I really like the riser set up. The up/forward riser plus taller bars make it comfortable to stand. As far as tips for posting pics: make a photobucket account and upload your pics. Photobucket tells you the web address for every pic you upload. When making a post on kdxrider.net, hit the "Img" button and insert the photobucket web address for your pic between the brackets that pop up
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

I was having problems with photobucket being 'buggy'. The gallery here was even easier to use.

There is a button above where you type your post to click for Image, and that gives IMG symbols for beginning and end of the picture link. Then just copy and paste the web address for the picture you want and put it inbetween those IMG symbols.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Nice job man! Looks sweet, super clean!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
KDXMainer

Post by KDXMainer »

Can you post the part number for that bar riser, top clamp and tail light? I went to their website and they don't list anything for the KDX. Also nothing with the description up and forward. Thanks
2006 KDX200
1998 KDX220