Supporting Member I

Anybody ever run a Lectron carb?

Post by thirdgenlxi »

I'm still liking mine :supz: :boogie:
Z-SHARK

Re: Anybody ever run a Lectron carb?

Post by Z-SHARK »

OldIron wrote:Well,
My brother and I just pulled the trigger on the Lectron carbs. We ordered ours with a remote choke cable. It's about $20 extra to include the choke cable. They said that for KDXs they are shaving down the slide body to make them fit but it still keeps the full travel of the slide. They also said that it should fit the 2004 no problems. Brooks said they had fun trying to fit it into a 2001 but were able to get it in. It sounded like the older versions of the KDX (air cooled) would not take the Lectron but I would tell anyone thinking about it to just call them and find out. I'll update as I have info to share.
Can we get an update of these.. I'm really interested in ordering one of these myself. But don't want to run into fitment problems. Or a sacrificed product from being shaved down... Thanks for any input.. Been lurking for years.. but just signed up today.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tschida Enduro

Post by Tschida Enduro »

Z-SHARK wrote: Can we get an update of these.. I'm really interested in ordering one of these myself. But don't want to run into fitment problems. Or a sacrificed product from being shaved down... Thanks for any input.. Been lurking for years.. but just signed up today.
I'm wondering this as well. I emailed Lectron yesterday asking is they shave the slide down on all kdx kit orders but have not heard back. I will give them a call today
2001 kdx220r
Tschida Enduro

Post by Tschida Enduro »

Talked to Kevin at Lectron. He said they shave down the slide body standard on KDX carbs and told me to put "Attention Kevin" in the notes when placing the order. Just placed my order :boogie:
2001 kdx220r
KDX200NOOB

Anybody ever run a Lectron carb?

Post by KDX200NOOB »

Hey guys, you guys and everyone else who praises these awesome carbs has convinced me to not deal with jetting at all! This is my first 2 stroke and first carburated bike so as I started researching how to jet I became very irririated with how much is involded so when I heard about lectron I jumped straight in. Lectron will keep me happy until i'm able to swallow a 10k fuel injected 2 stroke husky :prayer:

It will be arriving next week, I'm always able to turn a 1 hour job to 10 hours so we' ll see how this tight fitting lectron does for me, i hope its an easy install :supz:

will report back how it runs.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
TurboJAM

Post by TurboJAM »

Digging up an old thread...

How's everyone getting on with their Lectron carbs?

I'm about to start rebuilding 2 x KDXs.
Done the stem swap into 2008/9 yz250f clamps for one of the bikes and will strip the other bike this week I hope - will start a build thread...

Anyway, had planned to go with RB Designs but he's not interested with business outside of the USA at present... so it seems lectron is the way to go. Having checked their website, looks like they had enough interest for the KDX after all... but it's a pricey upgrade so any updates on pros/cons would be welcome.

Also.... what's the best way to upload photos here?

Cheers

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/kdx.html
Copy and pasted the info from the website for easy reference.

"Note: The Lectron carb is bigger than the stock KDX carb. They will not fit with a Boyesen Rad Valve or thicker V-Force reed block without modification.

This kit includes:

34mm Power Jet Carb - modified for fit on the KDX
8mm Barnett HD Long throttle cable
Metering Rod Adjustment Tool
Throttles that use a guide without a wheel will have too much free play and will NOT work with our cable. If you have a throttle like this, you can order the Motion Pro Vortex throttle from our website, or any modern KX 125/250, YZ 125/250, or RM 125/250 throttle will work.

The 34mm Lectron Power Jet Carb is our go-to carb for applications like harescrambles and enduros. They are an overall upgrade to the stock carburetor as they provide superior bottom end grunt and crisper throttle response, improved fuel economy, and better reliability without having to rejet for weather or elevation changes.

This carb kit includes the throttle cable. The adjustment tool is highly recommended in case you have to do any tuning. Using pliers to make adjustments can scratch the metering rod and alter the fuel delivery characteristics.

*Lectrons provide superior throttle response and power delivery by utilizing our patented metering rod.

*Our simple design does not incorporate multiple jets to replace.

*Our taper bore squeezes the air to increase speed and create fuel lift behind our flat metering rod.

*Lectrons are a great choice for riders seeking performance, fuel economy, simplicity and smoother power delivery.

Depending on some set ups, your air boot may rub on your shock spring. This is not an issue as the spring doesn't move enough to cause wear.

We do not recommend running a reed spacer. They may cause fitment issues, and the longer body of the Lectron compensates for the longer intake tract.

Note: All carbs are built to order and have a 7 day build time, however, some orders will ship sooner.

By submitting an order for a Lectron product, you are agreeing to our shipping, cancellations, and returns policy."
GATOROC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GATOROC »

Here's a link of how to upload photos on the site - Posting a Picture from a Device . If you want to respond to a thread with your pictures, make sure you click the "Full Editor & Preview" button first.

I've been using a Lectron on my 220 now for about 2 years and I love it. Here in Colorado we have huge elevation/temperature changes, and the Lectron works well at all elevations.

My son and I just went riding this past weekend at 9k feet with the 220 and the 200. I rode the 200 with a stock carb and it ran like crap. This is mostly my fault because I'm still messing with the jetting, but I'm about reading to say screw it and buy another Lectron for the 200 as well. It's so nice not having to mess with any jetting.

From what I'm hearing on this forum, most everyone that has a Lectron likes it. Yes, they're pretty spendy at $500, but an RB carb is $380, so not a ton of difference. Just my 2 pennies. :grin: There are some fairly recent threads on Lectrons - just do a search and you can read through them.
2000 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200

2024 Beta 300 RR Race Edition