Anybody ever run a Lectron carb?

Got questions? We got answers....
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Re: Anybody ever run a Lectron carb?

Post by ScruffyDroid »

Just sent them an email paraphrasing what you said.

Thanks
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

If anyone begins perusing this with Lectron, I would be interested in one for sure. I would be happy to pay upfront if they needed it... just wanted to put that out there, so they knew they would be selling more than one piece and would possibly be worth their time. Id be happy to give you my contact info if you get to that stage! Looks like we have 3 interested parties at this point in time....
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

I am going to be pursuing this with the guys from Lectron. Need to take some specific measurements over the weekend. I'm tired of jetting and re-jetting!

I'm not going to guess a price at this stage....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

If they saved any of the info from mine, they should still have all those measurements. They sent me a little sheet with a bunch of different carb and fitment meaaurements that I did and sent back to them. Unless yours is an E series, then it might be a little different
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

ScruffyDroid wrote:I am going to be pursuing this with the guys from Lectron. Need to take some specific measurements over the weekend. I'm tired of jetting and re-jetting!

I'm not going to guess a price at this stage....

Hey man, do you get PM's? I just sent you one if so. I want in on this lol I just know they would rather make two than one of them :supz:
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

I did get your PM...I need to take the measurement before anything happens so that they can quote it up.

Will keep this thread going
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

:supz: right on, thanks man!
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Definitely keep this thread updated. A "fuel injected" KDX sounds awesome!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

VTMTcowboy wrote:Definitely keep this thread updated. A "fuel injected" KDX sounds awesome!
It is! :grin: :supz: :boogie: I mean the stock carb was good too..... not that it was bad, but it is nice having everything a little crisper. And just not having to worry about having to change jetting for temp and altitude (which is nice for me, living in the mountains). Only part that kinda sucks is the choke lever is on the right side of the carb (on all the Lectrons). So it's a bit of a chore to get to the choke. But that's minor
mrdawson

Post by mrdawson »

Very interested in possibly getting one also.
94 200
twocycle

Post by twocycle »

I Have had a Lectron carb on my 89 KDX for four years. More power everywhere and much less sensitive to temperature changes than the original carb. There was a fitment issue but Lectron modified the carb so it would fit. I agree the choke is in a bad spot, but not that big a deal.

Fairly expensive but well worth it.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Any updates Scruffy?
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

Tyl3r wrote:Any updates Scruffy?
I need to take my carb off and measure the dimensions. Not had an opportunity yet, since I'm stuck in work... I'll update soon as I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

Great thread.
My brother and I were looking at going toward the Lectron also. I thought they had come out with a left hand choke Lectron, but maybe it's on a different application??? I hope Lectron doesn't mind modding some carbs this winter.

Scruffy, you need to prioritize! Stop working....and start measuring! ...... :naughty:
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

Ended up calling Lectron today. I talked with Brooks and he had me take pictures with the gas tank out. He said that they could fit a 34mm into my 2004 KDX 220R. Good news. I'll most likely be putting the trigger on a Lectron this week with my brother. :partyman:
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

OldIron wrote:Ended up calling Lectron today. I talked with Brooks and he had me take pictures with the gas tank out. He said that they could fit a 34mm into my 2004 KDX 220R. Good news. I'll most likely be putting the trigger on a Lectron this week with my brother. :partyman:
Good man. I've just not had the time recently to take the measurements.

What price have they quoted?

Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Keep us updated with how it goes for ya and if they need to do any special mods to the carb :pop:
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

Well,
My brother and I just pulled the trigger on the Lectron carbs. We ordered ours with a remote choke cable. It's about $20 extra to include the choke cable. They said that for KDXs they are shaving down the slide body to make them fit but it still keeps the full travel of the slide. They also said that it should fit the 2004 no problems. Brooks said they had fun trying to fit it into a 2001 but were able to get it in. It sounded like the older versions of the KDX (air cooled) would not take the Lectron but I would tell anyone thinking about it to just call them and find out. I'll update as I have info to share.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Nice, thanks for the update! I should probably pull the trigger myself... I wonder if they can make one with 61mm OD inlet for the hybrid :hmm:

Thats pretty cool about the remote choke, does it mount on the bars? Curious as to what the actuator/lever looks like.

EDIT: Looks like they have them listed on their website now (at least I don't think I saw this on there the last time I looked): https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/inde ... x/kdx.html
tropicoz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tropicoz »

OldIron wrote:Well,
My brother and I just pulled the trigger on the Lectron carbs. We ordered ours with a remote choke cable. It's about $20 extra to include the choke cable. They said that for KDXs they are shaving down the slide body to make them fit but it still keeps the full travel of the slide. They also said that it should fit the 2004 no problems. Brooks said they had fun trying to fit it into a 2001 but were able to get it in. It sounded like the older versions of the KDX (air cooled) would not take the Lectron but I would tell anyone thinking about it to just call them and find out. I'll update as I have info to share.
Any update on the Lectrons? I want to get one as well, just want to make sure everything works well with them.