Ebay Jets - Beware

Got questions? We got answers....
ico135

Ebay Jets - Beware

Post by ico135 »

This probably isn't the best location for this but i didn't see a better one. But anyway just wanted to give a heads up to everyone to be careful purchasing jets from Ebay. I recently purchased a KDX 200 that i knew needed work. But i made my life much more difficult by purchasing a 10 pack jet kit off ebay. I went from the existing 160 to the ebay 155 and had poor results. Unfortunatly i made the rookie error of changing to many things at once, cleaned the kips, cleaned the carb, changed the jet, etc. Long story short took me way to long to figure out the jet was not actually a 155 even though that's what stamp said. After some testing it is at least a 175.

[youtube][/youtube]
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Ebay Jets - Beware

Post by Tyl3r »

I've never even considered ordering jets from ebay to be honest. Gotta watch for the cheap Chinese stuff on there! lol I always go through Jets-R-Us. Keihin jets can be had for less than 7 bucks a piece, not a bad price and you know they are going to be right.
Last edited by Tyl3r on 11:50 am Mar 13 2017, edited 1 time in total.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

I made the mistake a couple years ago of ordering two PRO X pilot jets while I was ordering some parts from RMATV and they were both way off. A 50 that was super rich and a 48 that was super lean, both with unpredictable air screw settings. I ordered genuine Keihin and the 48 was spot on at 1 1/2 turns out. I only do Jets R Us from then on.
raygun
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Ebay Jets - Beware

Post by raygun »

Main jets are 2 bucks a piece on rockymountainatvmc.com and pilots are 3 bucks.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300
1999 Kawasaki KDX220
2003 Kawasaki KLX400SR
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. In all things...

Be aware of counterfeits.

"You get what you pay for".

raygun, John_S is talking about the ProX jets in the thread right above you. A couple of other people are referring to buying REAL Keihin jets, made by Keihin not an off brand or especially a knock off counterfeit.

$2.24 for ProX mains and $3.21 for ProX pilots on RMATVMC. I WILL PASS! :shock:

I am not saying buy them from Kawasaki either. That is like buying tires off the microfiche.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Ed5786

Ebay Jets - Beware

Post by Ed5786 »

I bought jets off amazon before advertised as GTSpeed PWK main jet kit. I should have known by the price they would not be genuine Keihin jets. I have used two of them, but I'm going to just toss them and buy real Keihins. The quality just doesn't seem there.
1998 KDX200
Fmf gnarly woods
Boyesen reeds
13/49 gearing
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

Are the rocky Mountain jets genuine keihlin brand?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

No. I don't think so. I wrote that they were ProX. Keihin has an outline of a K on it.

The ones that come stock or from Kawasaki are Keihin. Keihin made the carb, like Dunlop made the tires and Kayaba made the forks and shock.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
grantjmckenzie

Post by grantjmckenzie »

raygun wrote: 05:49 pm Mar 13 2017 Main jets are 2 bucks a piece on rockymountainatvmc.com and pilots are 3 bucks.
Hey Raygun,

I am new to the forum. I dont have the ability to pm yet. I would like to send you an email. Please could you send me your email address? Mine is g r a n t j m c k e n z i e @ g m a i l . c o m (*remove spaces)

I checked to see if me posting this was against the rules but I couldnt find anything that says it is against the rules.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED by moderator - email address
Last edited by grantjmckenzie on 02:16 pm Nov 14 2020, edited 2 times in total.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

grantjmckenzie wrote: 02:05 am Nov 14 2020
raygun wrote: 05:49 pm Mar 13 2017 Main jets are 2 bucks a piece on rockymountainatvmc.com and pilots are 3 bucks.
Hey Raygun,

I am new to the forum. I dont have the ability to pm yet. I would like to send you an email. Please could you send me your email address? Mine is grantjmckenzie @ gmail. com (*remove spaces)

I checked to see if me posting this was against the rules but I couldnt find anything that says it is against the rules.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED by moderator - email address
No rules against it but we don't like seeing members post up email addresses as bots can read them and then begin to spam you. I have edited your post to put in spaces to make it harder for the bots.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R