installing new crankshaft bearings method

Got questions? We got answers....
o/d
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by o/d »

I appreciate the replies
Yeah, it's right in the law I service manual. I gave it a few taps with mallot with the chisel in place.
Hopefully I'm being paranoid.
If nothing I did sound too hokey, I'm gonna go ahead and button her up soon.
Will post outcome.
Thanks again :bravo:
'02 kdx220, '01 drz470e/sm, '04 drz434s, '02 fxst, '80 kz750
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: installing new crankshaft bearings method

Post by KDXGarage »

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. :supz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
o/d
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by o/d »

i love it when a plan comes together...
she's a runner lol

i was just paranoid about the crank feeling too tight. then i got paranoid i had bent the shift forks after reading a post in the "case splitting" thread. then i started to wonder if i had tightened the 2 6 mm screws that hold the shift drum in. had some small issues getting kick starter gear/spring back in until i figured out a way of keeping the nylon sleeve from moving outwards. it was a lot of work, but well worth it knowing pretty much everything internal is new.

bike got a long list of new parts

rear rim, rear spokes, rear wheel bearings, linkage bearings, upper steering stem bearing & race, seat cover, fork boots, exhaust mounts, rads repaired & re-enforced by mylers, used oem silencer, chain & sprockets, tires, brake pads, brake fluid, c'shaft spacer & o-rings, can go on & on on small stuff. straightened pipe so it actually fit all mounts & didn't contact fuel tank, straightened shifter & rad mount.

here she is

this is how the kips was set when i removed it. i had taken pictures to use as reference for re-assembly. as far as i can tell, this was wrong. can anyone confirm, as it is not how i re-assembled it. i lined the dot on the gear up with the line on the shaft and didn't take a picture like a bonehead. picture in manual leaves something to be desired in my opinion.

thanks to you guys for the help. i really appreciate the time you took to help me along. bought this bike 12/4/16 and been working on it here & there pretty much since then. hopefully i can give back to the forum with what i've learned about this bike.
'02 kdx220, '01 drz470e/sm, '04 drz434s, '02 fxst, '80 kz750