Looking to street a kdx200/220 motored Derbi Super Motard

Got questions? We got answers....
Terminus Est

Looking to street a kdx200/220 motored Derbi Super Motard

Post by Terminus Est »

Howdy, I'm currently getting ready to do a motor-swap project for my Derbi Supermotard. After much research I've settled on either a KDX 200 or 220 for my swap. From what I've gleamed from the interwebs, the state of tune of the 200 is comprable to some of the road going small bore 2T's in the European market. As such, I've got a few questions about the long term reliability of the KDX motor. Basically, I would like to do rings every 6 months and top-end rebuilds once a year. Is this schedule feasible for a daily commuter? The current mill in the bike is a 13:1 compression 70cc that I run at 10k for extended periods without problems. The maintenance schedule on it now is similiar to what I'm hoping to have with the KDX plant. I plan on running a 14/15 counter sprocket with a rear sprocket in the mid to high 40s to help cope with street speeds. One thing I'd like to know is whether the higher revving nature of the 200 would be preferable to the torque of the 220. What kind of mileage are you guys getting out of the top and bottom ends in between rebuilds? How's the fuel economy? Am I crazy for thinking that the KDX is the most reliable 200/220 in North America? Anyways, thanks for any input that I may get and here's a picture of my Derbi.

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

They sell the 200/220's in most other parts of the world as a on road legal bike, so I wouldn't expect your requirements to be too out of line.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Terminus Est.............

Are you a carnifex?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Terminus Est

Post by Terminus Est »

Ha, not quite. I am pretty good at butchering Spanish bikes though. :grin: