CAn i call frp??

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

CAn i call frp??

Post by Ryan »

Just wondering if i can call him instead of emailing him. I want to know if he will buy my forks. Do i just call the fredette racing products number at the bottom of the contact page?? thanks
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'd imagine so. He's a one man shop though from what I understand, so he may not pick up the phone if he is busy.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Yes you can call him
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

Ok i guess i will call him and see what he says.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ok i called him and he said that he would give me $175 for the forks and the triple tree. Does this seem like a good deal. I think if i use my kdx wheel and brakes i can have the coversion done for about $200 right?? If the kx forks cost about $150
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Sounds like a good price he's giving you. I'm not sure why you don't sell your front wheel and just get a KX. It's a wash, price wise and you won't need to fabricate an axle.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

your saying it is cheaper to use, a kx wheel and brakes then to just make an axel for the kdx wheel? if it is i may do it. I think im gonna keep my kdx forks and just buy part by part when i see them for a good deal. Also will the forks from 96-01 be the same? Someone told me they are differnt diameters, im not saying he is wrong i just want to make sure. What are the sizes if they are differnt??
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Lutz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Lutz »

Unless you can get an axle made very cheaply (i.e. do it yourself or have a friend do it), it will almost certainly be cheaper sell your KDX wheel and buy a KX wheel (like Ski said, you can sell your KDX wheel for what you can buy a KX wheel for). It will probably cost you more to have a professional machine shop make an axle than it would to buy a KX wheel and axle outright off of ebay.

Pretty much the only reason I used the KDX wheel was because I could make my own axle for free (well that and I just plain wanted to...plus, I didn't just make my axle - I engineered it :wink: ).

That is not to say there are no solid reasons to use the KDX wheel; i.e. if you keep the KDX wheel, you can keep the stock trip meter. But there are also reasons to swap to a KX wheel; i.e. the right side seal on the KDX wheel wears into the hub and will eventually become ineffective, and also when the seal needs to be replaced it's harder to get than a KX seal (the right side seal doesn't come in KDX wheel bearing kits).

As for years of KX and fork diameters, it depends on which model KX. The 125, 250, and 500 haven't always switched forks in the same year. I can't say off the top of my head which changed when. Your best bet is to go to buykawasaki.com and compare part numbers and descriptions. (One of the biggest clues is seal part numbers). Or just look through any catalogue of your choice to compare part numbers of bushings, seals, etc.

Oh, and if you haven't bought forks and triple clamps yet, don't rule out KX500 stuff, as that should be literally a bolt on affair (because the KX500 shares the same head tube dimensions and bearings with the KDX200/220).
Keep It Simple Stupid
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

hmm i guess i could see how much frp would give me for my wheel also.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

does anyone know how much jeff would give me for my front wheel or would i be better off just selling it on ebay????
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ryan - You called Jeff once, why not call him again and find out.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

See what Jeff will offer and then put it on eBay for $5 less, then charge $5 extra for shipping and handling, see how that goes...

Or just sell em to Jeff..... :blink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

hmm, morie you may have an idea there :hmm: do you guys have any idea about how much i will get. It has a new chen shing c755 with about 100 miles or less on it, it still has those little hairs on the tires. The axel is great, and the wheel has new bearings with about 100 miles on them. I will also sell him the front brakes since i have no use for them. How much should i get for those?? thanks for any opinions
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

The brakes will work on the swap.
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Good luck Buck... I sold him my entire KDX frontend for $175.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Don't tell him you are the same seller for the forks. I bet he offers at least $50 for your wheel. Remove the tire, he won't want it.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

make sure he knows you plan on keeping the stem from your KDX triple tree. you'll need that to go into the KX setup.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i know, i have two triple trees, so im gonna sell him one.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

I deleted this post. It was offensive to Ski and that was not my intent. Read his next post and you'll see why I took it off. Sorry man.
Last edited by KanuckKDX on 01:12 pm Feb 16 2006, edited 1 time in total.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Sorry you mis-interpreted. I did not suggest anyone fool him. My suggestion was to keep it simple. Deal with Jeff and you will know what I mean. Trying to explain that you are the same guy calling earlier about the fork/T-clamp sale, now wanting to include the front wheel as well as discribing the condition and tire, and he most likely won't remember specificly who you are. Just call him and tell him you have a wheel to sell and he will make you a fair offer, just as he did with the forks.
In my dealings with Jeff, he tried to pay me twice for my stock front end components, not remembering he paid me the first time. My honesty and integrity survived that test and I reminded Jeff he had already paid me when he tried to pay the second time.

Anyone who takes even a second to read my posts knows I'm not about nickles and dimes. I've given away hundreds of dollars in KDX parts to anyone who is looking and I have the item sitting around my shop. I usually won't even accept the postage to mail and if someone does insist on compensating me, I direct them to Vince's need to help fund the forum here and pass on his address to send any money to.
Don't ever suggest again, on a public forum, that I compromise my honesty, integrity or treatment of fairness. Or that I encourage anyone else to do so. If you think that my charactor is in question, PM me and we'll get it worked out of public review.

I think I'll take a break for a while now.
Jerry