EFM AUTO CLUTCH

Got questions? We got answers....
Nelsonboys

EFM AUTO CLUTCH

Post by Nelsonboys »

Hi folks, Thanks all for input and sharing years of hard learned lessons. It is much appreciated. I have been away from bikes for about 10 years and new to the KDX. I found a really nice 220 and couldn't pass it up, so here I am.

I learned quickly there isn't a Rekluse for the KDX, but I see a EFM on eBay this evening. I checked their website, and it looks pretty solid and dependable, but it also looks like Revlock. I have used both Rekluse and Revlock on my CRF's- loved the Rekluse & loathed the Revlock.

Any experiences? EFM doesn't look adjustable & website doesn't say in FAQ.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Re: EFM AUTO CLUTCH

Post by 19Delta »

I have one, and love it. No clutch on a KDX with the EFM. It doesn't engage as quickly as my rekluse on my KTM, but it still rocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
oldmankdx69

Post by oldmankdx69 »

In my investigation of auto clutches, an EFM is a good way to go, but on the KDX you give up your clutch lever. There is a way to install a Rekluse in your KDX if you don't mind doing a little bit of work. Don't know what the EFM on ebay cost, but the Rekluse cost me about $700 with new parts, not counting machine costs, which probably depends on the local availability. Personally, I think the auto clutch is worth it. I also have one of the older versions of the left hand rear brake. Really like it. Good luck!!!
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

19Delta wrote:I have one, and love it. No clutch on a KDX with the EFM. It doesn't engage as quickly as my rekluse on my KTM, but it still rocks.

You can change the engagement on the efm with the shims you get with it.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

royadams wrote:
19Delta wrote:I have one, and love it. No clutch on a KDX with the EFM. It doesn't engage as quickly as my rekluse on my KTM, but it still rocks.

You can change the engagement on the efm with the shims you get with it.
Tell me more! It came in a KDX I bought. I moved it from that bike to my son's before I sold it. The PO gave me three balls with it. When we swapped it, we noticed those three were missing, so we installed them. It engages MUCH quicker than it did, but I would still prefer a bit more.

royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

He sends a few shims that go in between the two baskets so you can set the gap acording to your clutch friction plates. When i recieved mine the gap was a little wide. It raised the engagement point. When i called them up he said add a shim they supplied between the baskets. It now engages just off idle. And stays engaged when going down hill. I would call them im sure they will sell you a couple of shims.
Nelsonboys

Post by Nelsonboys »

Thanks for the input, everyone. For info- the EFM is $695 new per websight, I'm sure without plates, but I have not called to ask. Sounds like a good drop in set up. I think I will look further into modifying to the Rekluse, when the CFO says I can afford it.

The listing is still on eBay for the complete used piece, price reduced from $ 550ish to $415ish. It is described to have "3 Bolt holes stripped"

Speaking of eBay pieces, I am jumping over to post a question about a head supposedly modified by RB Designes.