kdx spokes and rim swap out help thanks

Got questions? We got answers....
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

Hello friends, I have 03 kx hub rotor coming for kx usd fork swap out for my 03 kdx 200 can i swap kdx spokes rim to kx hub? kdx stuff still in good shape,total cost would be $38.00 ebay deal for kx hub with rotor vs $75.00 to $100.00 used kx wheel . just have to relace right i hope? could save almost half cost that way. thank you from yampa kid
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: kdx spokes and rim swap out help thanks

Post by Tyl3r »

I am about 98% sure that will work for ya, I remember reading somewhere that most of the 21" front rims are the same when I was putting together wheels for my buddy's 87 KX500. I would still go with new spokes though, will make lacing and truing them easier.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: kdx spokes and rim swap out help thanks

Post by 6 Riders »

Pretty sure this will work for you. There may be different sized spokes (inner and outer) so pay close attention to that when taking the spokes off.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

THANK YOU ,going too try it ,got fork swap done today very nice, honda dealer by my house pressed and swaped out stems for me for $73.00 total cost not to bad only hurt for a little while, they did nice job and fast,got new steering bearings,forks i traded for on craigs list!!traded a new miter saw i had and not ever used that i got for free! .so total out of pocket cost for swap 73.00 stem swap cost, $38.00 ebay deal for used kx 125 hub and rotor.my time relacing rim swap on rims.just can't wait to get everything set,snow to melt here in colorado,toal tear down on bike for last few weeks been lots of fun but ready to ride!!hope spoke swap and rim goes ok for me thank you from yampa kid.