V force reeds

Got questions? We got answers....
Samb

V force reeds

Post by Samb »

Hi, this topic has probably already been covered but I can't seem to find the thread for it

I have just bought my first kdx 220r which I haven't actually had chance to ride yet due to a broken wrist so while I am waiting for my wrist to heal I'm thinking of all the upgrades and all the different routes you can go down with a kdx i,e hybrid, fork conversions, plastics conversion and was wondering what kind of difference the v force reeds make on the performance of the bike and if it's worth doing?
Thanks
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

V force reeds

Post by pumpguy »

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, can't comment on the reeds, but if this is a new-to-you KDX 220, the first thing you MUST do is to check that it does not have a stock oem piston in it.

If it does, sooner or later it will explode, and when it does, it will most likely take the cylinder and cases out with it. This site is full of posts with pictures of 220 pistons with cracks in the skirt, caught just in time. Recommended replacement is forged Wiseco or similar.

Next item on the list is a service manual. Either online version available from this site or Kawasaki's own is a good choice.

Once those 2 things are checked off the list, you can move on to the upgrades of your choice.