AMSOIL SABER premix oil?? 100 to 1 ratio WOW

Got questions? We got answers....
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

HI friends saw review on this oil this guy swears by it lot's of those orange bikes I guess are running this oil with 90 to 100 to1 ratio. ten thousand dollar bikes no harm done super clean burn from what he says maybe o.k? to try hard as hell to find ams web site the only place that has it i've seen.has any one tried this oil? 80 to 100 to 1 ratio never herd of such crazy ratio swears he has run with awesome results on new ktms all the time and his friends now use also with same results.DAMM SCARY 100 TO 1 WOW.
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: AMSOIL SABER premix oil?? 100 to 1 ratio WOW

Post by Keystone »

My E-series KDX200 manual recommends 32:1 ratio. I have thought of trying a 42:1 ratio for a cleaner burn. I just don't know how a 90:1 0r 100:1 ratio is going to properly lubricate, especially those delicate KIPS valves! Maybe rebuild your top end every 50 miles?
One US gallon = 128 ounces. Dived by 32 (because a 32:1 ratio). 128/32=4 so 4 ounces of oil for a proper manual recommended mix.
Cutting the manuals oil recommendation in HALF would give you 64:1 ratio or 2 ounces of oil per US gallon.
Going 100:1 mix would mean you are cutting the oil per gallon even further to 1.28 ounces per US gallon. Yea, that sounds scary!
jeswinehart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jeswinehart »

I am one of those 100 to 1 amsoil guys. Kawasaki 250 3 wheeler (1985),,,, it has never seen anything but 100 to 1 since I have owned it (8 years now).
Try it, you will like it !
john
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by patreilly »

I have used AMSOIL Saber for somewhere around 35 years. I have used it at 100 to 1 premix in everything; weed whips, mowers, snow mobiles, motorcycles, ultra lights, airplanes, and chainsaws. I raced enduro for 5 or 6 years using it at 100 to 1 in 4 different bikes. I broke in new engines with the manufacture's recommended oil then switched to AMSOIL Saber at 100 to 1.
Saber at 100 to 1 premix burns cleaner than any other oil and provides adequate lubrication for any application that I have encountered in my 35 year test.
If this sounds like I am an AMSOIL dealer....well I am. I had trouble finding a dealer close by so I became a dealer. I have been a dealer for 6 years. I have sold a total of 1 quart, burned many quarts (at least considering Saber mixes at 100 to1) I use AMSOIL Interceptor in the oil injection on my Rotax and have given a few gallons of the Dominator premix to my grandson that has been racing moto cross for 10 years.
You can listen to all the "experts" tell you 100 to 1 won't do the job. Bull ****, It will if you use an oil designed to.
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

Thanks patreilly, I'm going to try saber out just got my new 03 kdx 200 for my 56 birthday and have not had it out yet just fixing everything i can for cheap and doing all i can to learn all i can about the kdx going over everything rebuilding ect on limited cash can't wait to get out here in colorado just want to get the use best of everything i can for it.don't want to spend money for top end repairs if i can help it.buying all new oils and fluids for bike and just about everything for riding. been out of riding for many years fun to get in to it all over again one thing never changes about riding is the cost of fun! just can't wait for bike to be all done.premix just one of many many things on long list of fun oh i mean parts. Thank you kdxrider friends wes colorado old bones!
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

It's good stuff! I only just converted this past year, but I love it so far!

Like patreilly said, you can run 80 or 100:1 if the oil was designed for it.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

You should mix at a ratio recommended by the oil manufacturer, not the bike manufacturer. Oils are formulated to be mixed at different ratios. I've been running Amsoil Dominator at 50;1 for two years in my '99 220 without any problems. "Back in the day" we used to run BelRay synthetic at 100:1 all the time.
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

I have always been Leary of such lean mixtures but I hear a lot of good about the Amsoil. 100-1 is such a small amount of oil. I would assume there would be much less gumming up with the 80-1 and 100-1 ratios.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The only real way to know for sure if you have enough oil in the mix is to pull the top and and check for at least 1/8th inch of residual oil in the crankcase. The oil in the fuel is not what lubricates the crankcase, it's the oil that gets separated out during operations and settles in the bottom end. For most people, if you do this test, you will find that 100:1 is leaving nowhere near enough residual oil in the bottom of the crankcase. Dyno tests have also shown that a 2 stroke makes more power all the way down to about 18:1, at which point it starts to be too much oil and the burn characteristics of the mix reach a point of diminishing return. All these crazy low mix ratios is an environmental thing, not a performance thing. To a point, more oil is always going to be better than less from a performance and longevity standpoint.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

thanks guys, for the 100:1 real-life experiences. :)
jeswinehart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jeswinehart »

Oil threads are SUCH good reading.
Every forum seems to have quite the collection of them :)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah, it can turn into quite a debate.

http://www.bridgestonemotorcycle.com/do ... remix6.pdf

http://airfoolers.com/?page_id=385

I have found both of those to be pretty good reads on the subject. Of course, there are a ton more out there.