having second thoughts about desert pipe.

Got questions? We got answers....
the trail rider

having second thoughts about desert pipe.

Post by the trail rider »

I rode yesterday and the bike all of the sudden sort of opened up, all stock cept for silencer. and the bike had some top end too. must have been the perfect riding conditions or someting. i am having second thoughts about the desert pipe that i have(not put on) and maybe go for the woodspipe, or i dont know. i ride really technical trails, and am not much faster than 2-3 gear most of the time. thanks for your reply.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

If you have the pipe already put it on and see. You'll never know if you like it without trying it.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

trail rider i think you will like the desert pipe, it does not seem to take any bottom end away and it really is amazing in the mid range, try it and see if you like it.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: having second thoughts about desert pipe.

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
the trail rider wrote:I rode yesterday and the bike all of the sudden sort of opened up, all stock cept for silencer. and the bike had some top end too. must have been the perfect riding conditions or someting. i am having second thoughts about the desert pipe that i have(not put on) and maybe go for the woodspipe, or i dont know. i ride really technical trails, and am not much faster than 2-3 gear most of the time. thanks for your reply.
Yep...like others have said...try it out. If you don't like it...send me a pm and maybe we can work some sort of deal out. :partyman:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I have the woods pipe on my 220, and I am in the same boat, kinda think I got the wrong pipe. The 220 already has pretty good torque, and mine is pretty gutless when the KIPS opens. I would think a young guy would prefer the rev pipe, but then I haven't ridden a modern 200. Quail chesre beat me to it, but if that falls through and you still want to trade, let me know. My woods pipe is dent free and has the moose guard on it.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
the trail rider

well i haven't tried it yet, but if I do try it and I don't like it I will let you guys know, but it sounds like I will probably like it.
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!
the trail rider

hey just another question I have, i ride in rocks all the time, for those of you who have front and rear disk guards, what are good ones and how much do they cost
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!