New tires

Got questions? We got answers....
fishwater
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New tires

Post by fishwater »

I've been wondering about tubliss myself but it states that you can't use it on the road & I want get my KDX plated this spring for short pavement runs between trails. I wonder if they have a DOT version or if it isn't that critical on a dual sport that sees minimal pavement use?
1994 KDX 200 all original, street plate
2009 KTM 250XCF-W, street plate
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

fishwater wrote:I've been wondering about tubliss myself but it states that you can't use it on the road & I want get my KDX plated this spring for short pavement runs between trails. I wonder if they have a DOT version or if it isn't that critical on a dual sport that sees minimal pavement use?
Honestly... do you think it would even be caught during inspection? The person inspecting would have to pop the beads of the tires to see that, which seems highly unlikely. They probably say they are non-DOT because is unsafe to be running around the streets with 0 air pressure. If your only running between trails, I'd say you just need to be careful when on the roads when running low pressures.

But hey, that's just my 2 cents... not trying to make anyone break the law.... make your own choices!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

New tires

Post by thirdgenlxi »

I ride mine on the road with Tubliss all the time..... no worries. And yea during an inspection they would never even know otherwise. Just make sure it has proper pressure in it. I usually run mine at 5 psi in the dirt, but put them up to at least 15 for road/dual sport riding
fishwater
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by fishwater »

I'm not worried about an inspector, I was more concerned about being road worthy. If you guys are having success then I'll take another look, thanks!
1994 KDX 200 all original, street plate
2009 KTM 250XCF-W, street plate
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

New tires

Post by pumpguy »

IMO, if you're using DOT tires, or tires that don't specifically say " NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE" or words to that effect on their sidewalls, you won't have any problems passing an inspection.

I bet there's not one inspector in a thousand that has even heard about Tubliss for motorcycle dirt bike tires.