Kdx200 idle

Got questions? We got answers....
jmart432

Kdx200 idle

Post by jmart432 »

Hi everyone. I've had my 2001 kdx200 for a couple of months now and I recently fitted a hardline hour meter/tachometer. The hour meter works fine but I'm having problems with the tachometer. When the bike is idling, it says it's doing about 1200-1300rpm which sounds a bit on the high side to me. The bike sounds fine and like it is idling normal (800rpm?) so I thought maybe the tachometer is wrong but when I'm riding it the rpm it's telling me sounds about right. The hour meter also has a max rpm recorded function and that says 10,000 rpm which was when I was stuck on a hill climb and the back wheel was spinning and I was getting a bit frustrated.
Also, if you loosen the fuel screw on the carby it will die (dies when tachometer drops below around 1100rpm)
Bike doesn't bog down or have problems surging so I wasn't thinking it was a dirty carby but I'm not too sure. Also it is not jetted as far as I know

Thanks
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: Kdx200 idle

Post by Jaguar »

usually there is a button on tachometers that change its count cycle so it can be used on 4 strokes or 2 strokes. find that button and press it. it may need to be pressed with the tip of a pen.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
jmart432

Post by jmart432 »

Yeah thanks I read about that on the manual but I looked it up and found that it's more for bikes that are fuel injected not 2 strokes. And also the max rpm it's recorded is 10,000 which would be 5,000 if I changed that setting but 10,000 sounds more right to me
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Max RPM on your KDX should be nearly 13,000.