First Ride With New Jetting.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

First Ride With New Jetting.

Post by jafo »

Well the new jetting worked beyond my expectations. Big improvement. I don't know if the new fuel to oil ratio I'm running now helped with this or not but alot of the pinging was not there anymore. So today was an A+ ride! I did tear my seat cover today though, so I'll have to get a new one.

Jon.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Did the improved jetting throw you backwards on the seat so fast that it tore the seat? :-)

I am glad to hear you like the jetting change. A little change can make a big difference when changing jets. It is definitely worth fooling with.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Just a note....Changing the fuel/oil ratio will most definitely alter jetting....
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

fuzzy wrote:Just a note....Changing the fuel/oil ratio will most definitely alter jetting....
I think I'm going to have to drop in the jetting again. The second day of riding the plug fouled. It was black as coal. I thin I'll drop one jet size and see what happens. I remember what everyone siad about reading the rings on the plug but when it's totally black, I'd think it's safe to say it's a bit to rich. It seems to smoke alot more than before also.

suggestions?

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Jason wrote:Did the improved jetting throw you backwards on the seat so fast that it tore the seat? :-)

I am glad to hear you like the jetting change. A little change can make a big difference when changing jets. It is definitely worth fooling with.
It deffinetly inproved it, but it was my endo that tore the set and bruised my thigh, ribs and knee. Ouchhhhh!!!!

Jon.