clake revolution in clutch and rear brake controll

Got questions? We got answers....
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

Clake one touch clutch and rear brake controll, All i can say is wow!! looks like you can take your riding skills to the next level with off the hook stuff like this and blow your friends and other riders away with this stuff.also STEGZPEGS some pro enduro racers say a must.has Any body used this stuff looks so cool to see them in use on youtube cross trianining enduro skills videos, and if kdxs wern't awesome enough add some of this to your bike. Give those over priced KTM'S a run for there money any day.!Thank Wes Colorado old bones
Last edited by yampa kid on 02:44 am Dec 20 2016, edited 3 times in total.
javjacob

Re: clake revolution in clutch and rear brake controll

Post by javjacob »

Never heard of it. Not sure what you are describing, do you have a link?
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

HI,google clake clutch, or youtube has some stuff ,I found on youtube cross training enduro skills videos. thanks Wes colorado old bones
BigRed8019

Post by BigRed8019 »

The Clake setup would be cool but it would probably cost the whole price of what I paid for my KDX to get it to work.
Chris
2001 KDX 220R
yampa kid

Post by yampa kid »

Awesome bikes are built not bought I'ts all in what you wan't and how far you wan't to take your kdx .I know new ktms are hydraulic set up on clutch. one finger easy operation very cool that way you can hold on with three fingers and feather the clutch with one at all times for max feathering to gain the most out of your bike while still hanging on all the way nice when you get old like me 55 years old hands not the same when i was in my 30s 40s whats money if it keeps you out there riding. Just looks cool love to try anyway can make your own cheaper. videos on youtube.on hydraulic clutch set ups.Check out the Cross training enduro skills videos on youtube like free school for riding skills Thanks Wes old bones in colorado
Last edited by yampa kid on 01:08 am Dec 23 2016, edited 1 time in total.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

the cost of the unit is prohibitive, not because of initial cost, but because it's replacement cost. a clutch perch is $20. the Clake is significantly more.
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

I looked at some videos reviewing it and it looks like a pretty good set up. I don't really like the funky lever much though... 1 finger only. I haven't seen the cost but hear they are really high dollar. The hydraulic clutch interests me. I wonder if a hydraulic clutch would work just as good? The KDX has enough lugging power it doesn't really require much feathering of the clutch. My 450R on the other hand won't hardly go any slower than 15 MPH without constant clutch feathering and it still wants to stall.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yeah, at over USD700, with levers going for $50+ before shipping, it's not a very feasible choice for a KDX, hell, the last KDX I bought I only paid $700 for! I can 1 finger my clutch on the hybrid easily, and as Javjacob said, I don't really need to feather it much down low, more so on loose climbs where you're looking for traction, and at that point I don't need a LHRB. Of course, I'm not a great fan of the rekluse either (and yes, I have ridden bikes with it) so what do I know? I know that we are riding the same trails we did 30 years ago (when we were riding then 10 year old bikes), and doing it without shelling out $400+ for a clutch (that's half a years gas...).