Does this seem to be worth buying??

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Does this seem to be worth buying??

Post by Ryan »

as some of you know i need a new rotor, does this one seem worth buying or no?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... S%3A1&rd=1
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Do you buy used rotors for your car? no

Buy a new one....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

my car doesnt have rotors :shock:
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Buy a $30 Titax or Tusk rotor and be done with it.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Do you buy 2nd hand tyres ?? :roll: Don't be a tightass and just get a new one, brakes are a part you don't want to be skimping on. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

BAH!
Don't listen to 'em. If you were able to view the part in person and examine the finish, I'd say go for it. If not, then it's a risk, sure, but for $15 it isn't that big.

Used tires? You bet!!
$20 each at Big O Tires compared to $80+ for my truck.
Used rotors? You bet!
$10 from a wrecking yard and $8.50 to have them turned compared to $125 for new.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Remind me to not ride with you.... :shock:

Used tires? NEVER, I have had too many high speed blowouts to trust used tires.

$125 rotors? DUDE... you need to buy an american truck.... $20
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

It's American as they come, a 1984 F250 with a 460 (7.5 liter to you, Trev) and holly 4 barrel. Those front rotors are HUGE! I've cracked one and warp another in the years I've owned it. Big O couldn't sell the used tires if they weren't safe. I've never had one fail but then I don't know what your definition of high speed blowout might be in mph. I'm usually towing or carrying a load and don't go over 65 and usually only 55 since California only allows 55 max mph when towing anything.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Seeings how I haul my bike in the bed... I get away with 90mph. I don't make it a habit but I have done it.

One high speed blowouts I have had are, front right blowout (more like a shred) 92 Camaro RS, 75mph going over a bridge.... not fun!

It was the middle of summer about 95 and 110% humidity. As I got it over to the side of the road (it was like riding in bad turbulance) I hopped out and went to change it and of course a cop pulled behind me. As I was trying to change the tire in a a nice white shirt and tie, he started with the questions. I got agitated really really quick. So, I stood up and said, "if you got something you need to do, I suggest you do it. Because if you don't, I have a tire to change." And went back to changing the tire. He hung around for a few more minutes and left.
Bastages! :mad:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I had a real sudden rear tire deflation (not really a blow out, took a couple seconds) on my GPz . I was going about 110 in a long left sweeper. That bike went freaking nuts. It went into a pretty good oscillation, almost a tank-slapper, I rolled off and put my weight on the pegs. The turn got way too tight with a bad tire. I ended up going off road, but got my speed down a lot before running out of pavement. Sport bikes hate dirt. I was lucky and kept it up. To top that off, I only walked an eighth mile or so before a friend of mine saw me. He was in his pickup, so I was lucky twice that day. :supz:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220