crank bearing removal questio

Got questions? We got answers....
argclh6670
Supporting Member

crank bearing removal questio

Post by argclh6670 »

hey guys... I'm working on my 92 KDX250 hybrid, changing the crank seals, bearings. ive removed the crank and one bearing stayed on crank....how do i remove that off the crank? special tool or is there a way to improvise? thanks in advance
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: crank bearing removal questio

Post by Tedh98 »

I use the cheap bearing pullers from Harbor Freight. They are plenty strong for getting the bearing off the crank.

I have also used them for a number of other tasks, making them an even better bargain.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

Tedh98 wrote:I use the cheap bearing pullers from Harbor Freight. They are plenty strong for getting the bearing off the crank.

I have also used them for a number of other tasks, making them an even better bargain.
yeah....i just ordered one. figured its a good tool to have around. thanks for reply.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Stick it in the freezer for a few hours, then into a 250 degree oven. The bearing should slip right off.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

Julien D wrote:Stick it in the freezer for a few hours, then into a 250 degree oven. The bearing should slip right off.
good idea ...i have the puller coming from online...notsure i wanna wait till it gets here. i think I'll try ur suggestion.