Seal savers

Got questions? We got answers....
jmart432

Seal savers

Post by jmart432 »

Hi everyone, I've had my kdx200 for a few weeks now and I'm loving it but the fork boots it has look like they need replacing. The rubber is quite stiff which makes them always look twisted and ugly and there are holes all over them which can't be good. I've been looking around for some new ones but being in Australia, they are hard to find at a decent price.
Something that's caught my attention is seal savers. I've seen a few posts of people putting them on and I like the look of them but they seem to be disliked by a lot of people. My understanding of the fork boots is that they suck in and blow out air which allows a but of dust to get in but also gets it out whereas the seal savers they are meant to eliminate any dust getting in but if dust does get in, it's not going to get out. Does that sound about right? If I were to regularly clean under the seal savers would I have any problems with my seals?
The forks on the kdx is something like 43mm I think so should anything around that size be fine or is there specific things I need to look for? Also what's peoples opinions on the full length vs the short seal savers?

Thanks
-Jacob
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Seal savers

Post by KDXGarage »

Fork boots better protect the fork tubes from rocks and brush.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Ditto on what Jason said. I'd stick with the boots.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Can you get Daystar model 69 fork boots? Those have worked for me in the past.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128