Rekuse clutch

Got questions? We got answers....
Kdxgreg

Rekuse clutch

Post by Kdxgreg »

Is anybody running a rekuse clutch, seem to be the way to go for me In tight single track. Just started researching a recluse and what would fit on My 05' KDX 200. Can't seem to get much information on one that is a bolt on KDX 200??
doctord23
Supporting Member

Re: Rekuse clutch

Post by doctord23 »

I have one on my 220 hybrid. It feels a little like cheating. Makes tight single-track a piece of cake with no stalling.
There are not any made for the kdx. Tedh98 used to make and sell them using a Rekluse from a YZ125. I was lucky to find someone selling a used one of his handiwork. He actually has a website that tells you how to build one.
My Team Green:
2002 KX-KDX 220
2000 KDX 220
2003 KLX 300 DS
1988 White KDX 200C3
1984 KX500 (original owner)
1996 Honda Magna V4
2017 Honda Africa Twin DCT
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

https://haroldbawlzangya.com/project-kdx-rekluse-exp/

Too bad he's not still doing this work. Hopefully that's wrong and he will correct us.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I know he's been cleaning out the shop and putting a lot of those KDX parts up for sale. Every now and then you can find a dyna ring for sale.
BLosHybrid

Rekuse clutch

Post by BLosHybrid »

WTB: AutoClutch...Anyone have a dynaring or EFM or modified Recluse AutoClutch for 1990 KDX200 motor?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Rekuse clutch

Post by SS109 »

I have a Dyna-Ring just sitting around doing nothing.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
DullTull

Post by DullTull »

SS109 wrote:I have a Dyna-Ring just sitting around doing nothing.
You still have the Dyna ring and are you trying to sell it?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

DullTull wrote:
Yes, I still have it. It's for an E-series ('89-'94) bike. Yes, I would still sell it.
'11 GasGas EC250R
DullTull

Post by DullTull »

SS109 wrote:
DullTull wrote:
Yes, I still have it. It's for an E-series ('89-'94) bike. Yes, I would still sell it.
Dang, I have a 2004 KDX220R... Hard to find Dyna rings anymore.

Timtee

Post by Timtee »

DullTull wrote:Hard to find Dyna rings anymore.
There is a good reason for that.
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Rekuse clutch

Post by lucy »

Look at EFM clutch. They have been around for a long time and I have personally talked to an owner who loves the unit he installed 10 years ago.

I have one sitting on the shelf for my KDX 220 that I purchased from another KDXRider.net contributor. Haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Also have a left hand brake unit. Someday.....

L
DullTull

Post by DullTull »

Timtee wrote:
Are you referring to them going bankrupt and closing, or because they are great and nobody wants to let them go, or all of the above Hahaha

DullTull

Post by DullTull »

lucy wrote:Look at EFM clutch. They have been around for a long time and I have personally talked to an owner who loves the unit he installed 10 years ago.

I have one sitting on the shelf for my KDX 220 that I purchased from another KDXRider.net contributor. Haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Also have a left hand brake unit. Someday.....

L
I was looking into the EFM, but I still want a manual clutch for popping the front wheel up over logs and what not, and the occasional wheelie Hahaha. Wish I knew someone with an EFM I could try.

I'm picking up the makings to do the yz125 rekluse conversion, but it looks like it will be a lengthy process.

Thanks

Timtee

Post by Timtee »

DullTull wrote:
Timtee wrote:
Are you referring to them going bankrupt and closing, or because they are great and nobody wants to let them go, or all of the above Hahaha

They didn't make them for that long and not that many were sold. If you search old posts you'll find that not everyone was able to get theirs to work properly.

I personally wouldn't buy a used one - you can't get the custom steel drive plates and without the specs, no telling how much life is left on the friction material. It has come up frequently to contact Revloc in Australia and get parts/clutches from them. I tried but got no response and I have yet to see anyone get parts or dyna rings from them.

A few years ago I caught a person selling one of the non-working dyna rings. It was on eBay and I asked a couple of questions. The seller told me he had it on his bike and it worked great. He was only selling because he was getting rid of the bike and was taking off as many aftermarket parts as he could. If he was going to be dishonest, he really should have used different user names on this site and eBay. I found his post where he had nothing but problems with his dyna ring. I confronted him on that and suddenly no response.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

DullTull wrote:Are you referring to them going bankrupt and closing, or because they are great and nobody wants to let them go, or all of the above Hahaha
For the record, they didn't close up or go bankrupt. They had been suing Rekluse for quite a few years as Rekluse had infringed on their patents. Rekluse was started by former Revloc employees using Revlocs patents. In order to settle the lawsuit Rekluse offered to buy out Revloc completely. Revloc accepted and the rest is history. This is also why you have seen the cost of autoclutches jump big time since Revloc was bought out.

As for my Dyna-Ring, it worked great. You can go back and read every one of my posts to confirm. So, if someone wants a cheap E-series autoclutch, I'm the guy to talk to! :mrgreen:
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

SS109 wrote:
DullTull wrote:Are you referring to them going bankrupt and closing, or because they are great and nobody wants to let them go, or all of the above Hahaha
For the record, they didn't close up or go bankrupt. They had been suing Rekluse for quite a few years as Rekluse had infringed on their patents. Rekluse was started by former Revloc employees using Revlocs patents. In order to settle the lawsuit Rekluse offered to buy out Revloc completely. Revloc accepted and the rest is history. This is also why you have seen the cost of autoclutches jump big time since Revloc was bought out.

As for my Dyna-Ring, it worked great. You can go back and read every one of my posts to confirm. So, if someone wants a cheap E-series autoclutch, I'm the guy to talk to! :mrgreen:
I will start the bidding...

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
The_Drew

Post by The_Drew »

Jason wrote:
SS109 wrote:

I will start the bidding...

I'm in for 6 Bits.