MX style front number plate

Got questions? We got answers....
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Anyone have a suggestion for a good looking and fitting MX style front number plate for the later model 200/220. Rear fender too while we're at it. I've gotten tired of repairing my kdx220 front headlight/number plate. I can't seem to quit hitting trees and things and I've reglued the plastic brackets on the number plate for the last time. I'm going to take it off completely and replace with a good looking MX style plate. I don't need the light anyway. Suggestions?
jeswinehart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jeswinehart »

Friend of mine makes these in all kinds of colors. Number plates I make won't break (flexable shore hardness 80A rubber) and are sized for 3 wheelers but these may offer up what you need to make your own
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Motorcycle- ... Fk&vxp=mtr
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: MX style front number plate

Post by KDXGarage »

Late 80's kx style ok for you?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Fitterman24 »

I used newer KXF250/450 front fender and number plate. Maier makes an mx rear fender for our KDX's
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

Fitterman24 wrote:I used newer KXF250/450 front fender and number plate. Maier makes an mx rear fender for our KDX's
I have a 2002 KDX 220. I bought a 2005 KX250 number plate to go with my 2005 KX 250 fender but the plate does not mount to the KDX triple clamps or mounts at all. Did you have to modify your KXF250/450 number plate?

Is there a good universal plate that works? I've seen universal headlights with black straps that wrap around the fork tubes. I'd like the same thing but just number plate.
Willbilly

Re: MX style front number plate

Post by Willbilly »

I ended up using a mid 2000s KTM number plate. Worked out well