01 220: Does oil leak from your clutch release lever seal?

Got questions? We got answers....
Willbilly

01 220: Does oil leak from your clutch release lever seal?

Post by Willbilly »

Here's a diagram of the clutch showing the parts I will reference
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oempa ... 387/clutch

Oil leaks from mine when I ride. I find the washer (part #92022-072) is much wider than the clutch bypass lever's shaft (part #12326-1264) and allows the clutch release spring (part #92144-1287) to bypass the washer, putting pressure or cutting the seal which allows oil to leak.

How have you resolved this?

I can't find the seal part number on the diagrams for the clutch or engine covers. Do you know what part it is incase I have to replace it?

Thank you,
Will
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 01 220: Does oil leak from your clutch release lever sea

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

I'd like to say yes but the diagram doesn't specifically say so, they just float on the page near the orifice.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

That is the correct seal 92049-1262. On mine the washer is not large enough to allow the spring to rub on the seal. Perhaps a PO put the wrong washer on there? Regardless, if you're spewing a bunch of oil out of there check your crankcase breather hose and you oil level. There shouldn't be enough pressure in the tranny to blow oil out that seal.
skycruiser100

Post by skycruiser100 »

bufftester wrote:That is the correct seal 92049-1262. On mine the washer is not large enough to allow the spring to rub on the seal. Perhaps a PO put the wrong washer on there? Regardless, if you're spewing a bunch of oil out of there check your crankcase breather hose and you oil level. There shouldn't be enough pressure in the tranny to blow oil out that seal.

My clutch seal shaft lever is a bit wet with oil but not leaking and I think its due to pressure building up in the case. And my vent is not clogged. Here's a link on what my bike is doing http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 77&t=20938