1999 200 Headlight

Got questions? We got answers....
TylerKuKu

1999 200 Headlight

Post by TylerKuKu »

So I apologize in advance for not really knowing any technical terms for any of this stuff. The guy I bought my bike from was kind of a tweaker and really just didn't take great care of the bike. The tail light wires were snipped and all of the connecting plugs from the on/off switch to the headlight are flattened out. I would really like to have a working headlight but have no idea where to start and in all honesty don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this part of maintenance. Any help/insight would be appreciated.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1999 200 Headlight

Post by KDXGarage »

have you considered buying a used wiring harness off ebay??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

1999 200 Headlight

Post by firsthere »

Start at the stator and follow the wiring out to the regulator under the seat. Chances are the ignition wiring is ok if runs well. Follow the two wires and replace the bad connectors or cuts with new bullet type terminal (soldering wire to terminal is most durable) I'd post a wiring diagram if I could figure out how.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

1999 200 Headlight

Post by pumpguy »

First recommendation is to get a service manual. This has a complete electrical diagram, and also a wiring diagram for just the lighting circuit. The KDX H Series owners manual also has a wiring diagram.

You can probably find a wiring diagram here on this site if you do a wiring diagram search.

The wiring on this bike is really very simple, and I would suggest you follow the published diagram and wire it up yourself. Use # 18 gauge automotive primary wire, and the same colors as shown in the diagrams.

Getting back to the manual, this is the first tool you should have if you own a KDX. It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about this bike.