new to the KDX, a few questions

Got questions? We got answers....
taxonomy

new to the KDX, a few questions

Post by taxonomy »

I came across a 2006 KDX200 locally that seems to be a fair price, and it has a street title. It looks to be well taken care of is all stock.

I have a KLX250S that has a 351cc bore kit in it. It's a nice bike, reliable and strong, but it's just to heavy. I looked at some KTMs, a 200 and a 250 s-stroke, but both were tatty and cost more than the KDX and were terrible at low speeds. The kind of stumbled along until all of a sudden the wheel was aloft.

Will the KDX be rideable in stock form at lower speeds? I am in New England it's all rocks and roots here. I am really, really looking forward to dropping 75 LBS off my ride.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: new to the KDX, a few questions

Post by bufftester »

It will be rideable at low speeds, and being a 2T instant wheel lift is just a throttle turn away. I have a KLX300 and that thing is a tractor, but it is heavy and doesn't like to loft the front wheel easily.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

A KDX will work fine in that environment. It does not have as much oomph as the KTTM's, so i more easily managed.

Good luck and post up pics of your new ride. :supz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Welcome a kdx is suitable for every environment!
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Come on now. :cool:

In rocky low gear stuff, it will be great!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

In stock form you will be amazed at the low end pull. Not a four stroke but way better than a KTM 200 in that environment. Very easy power delivery without being underpowered. I ride a lot in the NC mountains, rocks, roots and more rocks. I went to a 13/49 gearing to get a bit lower than stock. Except for this it is stock. i do ride a 220 though with even more low end than the 200.
taxonomy

Post by taxonomy »

I'm going to see the KDX tomorrow. I'll post photos after I get back. Most of my childhood dirt bikes were 2strokes so the KDX feels like coming home. I hope to do RB mods and KX forks eventually. I'm optimistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk