Broken Frame

Got questions? We got answers....
coasty
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Broken Frame

Post by coasty »

Has anyone had to have a broken frame welded ? our has broken on the right hand side where the stay from the rear guard welds to the main frame ( by the kick start) I will post a pick if I can figure out how to up load one, I guess I go to a panel repair shop and ask them to Mig weld it back together ?
I still can't seem to load the image but here's the photobucket link
Last edited by coasty on 08:41 pm Oct 08 2016, edited 2 times in total.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: Broken Frame

Post by KDXohio »

Ive welded some 4wheeler frames not my KDX I wouldn't think it should be a problem to weld up.

I use photobucket for my pictures just upload and paste the link IMG link in the message
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

That's weldable. For the record, when you look at that link on photobucket, to the right is a section that says "share this photo". If you copy the one that says "direct", and paste it into your post. Then highlight that and click the button above your post window that says "Img". That will wrap it in tags like this [ img ]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/c ... e8pa8u.jpg[ /img ]. I added the spaces so you can see what it should look like. I edited your post with that change. :)
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Definitely reparable by any competent welder. This is why I wish the KDX had a removable rear end like the KXs.
mtna_buzz

Post by mtna_buzz »

My 220 frame was cracked at the same place- mig welded it with no issues.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk