97' 220 carb rebuild question

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: 97' 220 carb rebuild question

Post by KDXohio »

Turning the screw in reduces air increases fuel turning out increases air decreases fuel
Last edited by KDXohio on 12:05 pm Oct 12 2016, edited 1 time in total.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
rehammer81

Post by rehammer81 »

KDXohio wrote:TurnIng the mixture screw in leaNS the mix turning out riches the mix. Glad to here she fired up I usually give a slight throttle turn on all my 2 strokes while starting most start easier/quicker this way
Are you sure that is right? You are talking about the idle air screw right? Turning it in means less air and therefore a richer air/fuel mixture while turning it out means more air and a leaner air/fuel lecture. This is described in all the Keihin PWK documentation. Now if you are talking about the idle screw that raises and lowers the slide you may be correct although I would say you are just giving the intake more air/fuel as you raise the slide just like giving it throttle.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I edited my post I worded that very poorly sorry I shouldn't have said lean or Rich. General rule is if your mixture screw is less than 1 turn out you need a larger pilot and if it's over two and a half turns out you need a smaller pilot
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
rehammer81

Post by rehammer81 »

KDXohio wrote:I edited my post I worded that very poorly sorry I shouldn't have said lean or Rich. General rule is if your mixture screw is less than 1 turn out you need a larger pilot and if it's over two and a half turns out you need a smaller pilot
Right. That aligns with what I have been reading. I'm two turns out and with temps cooling here in AZ as we go into fall and winter I think my 40 pilot jet will good. I'll have to see about my 145 main jet.