Handlebar bends

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Handlebar bends

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Hey,
Anybody know of a good site to read up on the various types of bar bends and what they mean? I am trying to find better suited handlebars for my comfort and style and a bit confused with the many types of bends.
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Not everybody at once!

What's the difference between a CR, Yamaha, Suzuki High bend?

Maybe my only choice is to cycle through handlebars for years until I find the one I like.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I'm just about to post a photo out of my Renthal cattledog. Gimme a few minutes.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Here's the best I can do, now I'm off to bed got to be up in 3hrs... Hope its what your after.. Cheers... Trev...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Awesome Trev , exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!
Phil.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:partyman:

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I prefer a CR High Bend. The sweep back puts even pressure across my palms and still keeps my wrists in a straight alignment with my forearms. The taller bend keeps me from having to lean over the bike any more than I need to. The shorter bends that I don't like force my head too far back; like I'm riding a road race bicycle with those down swept bars. Fine if you stare at your front wheel but bad for the neck if you are trying to look down the trail as far as possible. I also keep the width down to 29 inches or less. This allows my bones to hold my body weight back instead of my muscles. Think about doing a bunch of push-ups: They are easier if your hands are directly in front of you and not spread apart. Now, do some push ups and see what I mean.
GIVE ME 20!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Yes Sir!

one, two, three..........fiiiiiiiiiiffffffffttttyeeeee, whew, I see what ya mean.

I am thinking CR high bars as well, Does 29" keep YOUR hands inline with your shoulders?
I'll play around with them knoking off an 1/4" at a time untill I like them.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have narrow shoulders. Wanna make something of it? Actually, at 29", the inside of my grip is at my shoulder width. Measure from where your index finger wraps around the grips, then compare to your shoulder width. Also, it helps in tight woods. By the time bark busters are added, the bars are back out to 30"
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The RockyMtn catalog has info on handlebar specs.

An older RM catalog had OEM specs listed, too. That was handy information. Don't see that in the newer catalog.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!