Calling Skipro3

Got questions? We got answers....
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Calling Skipro3

Post by 4Rider »

Revenge of the annoyed monkey?

Hey, I was scrolling through a thread and your avatar caught my eye. I was mesmorized, couldn't look away, had a seizure, loaded my shorts, then fell and wacked my head. The hollow ring of my mellon thumping the floor is still reverberating around inside.

It was so cool I had to bring my kids out one at a time to watch them go through the same.
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Calling Skipro3

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
4Rider wrote:Revenge of the annoyed monkey?

Hey, I was scrolling through a thread and your avatar caught my eye. I was mesmorized, couldn't look away, had a seizure, loaded my shorts, then fell and wacked my head. The hollow ring of my mellon thumping the floor is still reverberating around inside.

It was so cool I had to bring my kids out one at a time to watch them go through the same.
You should see him in person...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>>'00 Yamaha TTR 125L

I'm thinking of getting the TTR125LE for my daughter to replace her current JR80. Would you recommend one?
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I forgot to warn ya's about that. :twisted:

If ya wear ya tin foil hat that wont happen. :roll: :lol:
Here's some help for ya...
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sweetness! I'm off to the workshop to line my bike helmet with tinfoil...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Be sure to leave a pin hole so nothing gets trapped in as you put the helmet on. It needs to drain out from somewhere... :wink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
NM_KDX200 wrote:>>'00 Yamaha TTR 125L

I'm thinking of getting the TTR125LE for my daughter to replace her current JR80. Would you recommend one?
I recommend anything except that green KDX bike. They are way to powerful for anyone other than fully trained and experianced riders. No woman could ever handle one and most men have trouble learning to ride one as well.

NOW, STOP ANNOYING ME!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

>|QBB>'00 Yamaha TTR 125L

I'm thinking of getting the TTR125LE for my daughter to replace her current JR80. Would you recommend one?[/quote]

We had two of the TTRs, a standard (small wheel) one and the L (large wheel) model. They we absolutely dependable, easier than easy to maintain, and probably the best of all the small bikes we went through as the kids grew up. I sold the standard model to one of our friends and they have two kids who ride it regularly. The L model served both of my boys. I added a lot of BBR stuff to the L as the boys got to be better riders.

The TTRs are very easy to start, and don't have any hot-start or post-fall issues. You may want to consider going with the non-electric start model to save some weight. It almost seems a shame to have an e-button on such an easy starting bike. I can literally push the kick starter through slowly by hand and get the bike started.

A few simple mods really wake the motors up. Just the usual stuff- open up the airbox, high-flow airfilter, and re-jet . All the exhaust manufacturers make systems for the TTRs. We have a BBR header and pipe on the L. It really improved the torque, plus the sound, while not loud or obnoxious, really sounds like a big-bore thumper now.

BBR also makes/markets fork springs and main springs for the TTRs. I highly recommend them as they really improve the handling, especially if and when your kid starts to jump.

I would also definitely recommend getting the big-wheel model. They come with disc front brakes, plus the larger wheel size is really noticable in sand and loose terrain.

I had a hard time getting my youngest to give up his TTR, but after his first ride on his KDX the TTR faded into fond memory.

I guess I am going to sell the L model with all of the BBR mods. If you were closer I'd make you a great deal 'cause I know I'll never get anything for the BBR stuff, but it's really not worth shipping a bike that only worth a few times the shipping cost.

You can't go wrong with a TTR!

Before and after the TTR shots taken on the same day, his first on the KDX (cause my kid likes to see himself on the net!)

At 8,500' at the Bald Mtn Lookout north-east of Mammoth Lakes

Overlooking Mono Lake from the south-east

Mark
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
KDXSean
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXSean »

I bought my son a DRZ 125-L (large wheel)

Seems to be a good trail bike, he has lots of fun with it. Probably similar to the TTR.
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

>|<>QBB<
KDXSean wrote:I bought my son a DRZ 125-L (large wheel)

Seems to be a good trail bike, he has lots of fun with it. Probably similar to the TTR.
The DRZ-125L and the Kawi model are basically clones of the TTR, although not all of the aftermarket parts for the TTR will fit them.