Registering my kdx 200

Got questions? We got answers....
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Registering my kdx 200

Post by ubareddition »

So ive got all my ducks in a row to register my bike exept im required to have either a previous registration from one previous owner. Or a certificate of origin. So i know i bought my bike from aaron who bought it from caleb who got it in trade for doing a roof job on someones house who got it from someone....ect ect. Finding someone with an original title for the bike or registration sounds like a wild goose chase. But a certificate of origin. Is it possible to get one of those from a dealership? And one have any experience with this?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Registering my kdx 200

Post by ohgood »

use South Dakota, and a bill of sale. you'll have to have a couple forms notarized. much easier than trying to hunt down previous owners or a mso
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

How do you use south dakota? Can you explain?

Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

X2 on the south dakota. Here is the mega thread on the topic from SM Junkies if you are skeptical: http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.p ... 529a7136ca

I keep thinking about trying this route as well for my hybrid. I went through the process of getting the title for the my old KDX when I was going to sell it. Had to go to 3 previous owners, luckily it was a friend of a friend of a friend. People that you have never met before may not be as willing to help you out. Once you find that person though, it was only a form that needed notarized and sent to the DMV (in PA at least)
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Does anyone know the gvw and shipping weight of a 94 kdx?

pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Registering my kdx 200

Post by pumpguy »

Academic questions.

The weight is listed @ 102 kg, (225 lbs) So GVW would be that plus rider(s) and maybe fluids?

Shipping weight would be the 102 kg plus crating. what, 50#, IDK.

I would think these numbers would serve your purpose.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

ubareddition wrote:How do you use south dakota? Can you explain?

the thread listed by Tyler outlines it all. I've done it, it's very fast and easy. you end up with a South Dakota tag and title, which you then transfer to your state.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

Tyl3r wrote:X2 on the south dakota. Here is the mega thread on the topic from SM Junkies if you are skeptical: http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.p ... 529a7136ca

I keep thinking about trying this route as well for my hybrid. I went through the process of getting the title for the my old KDX when I was going to sell it. Had to go to 3 previous owners, luckily it was a friend of a friend of a friend. People that you have never met before may not be as willing to help you out. Once you find that person though, it was only a form that needed notarized and sent to the DMV (in PA at least)
if your hybrid is a 125 frame, it won't work. the frame must be for a bike greater than 199cc
mwoj
Supporting Member

Post by mwoj »

Sending out all my paperwork tomorrow. 3 forms, 2 of which notarized. Bill of sale, copy of driver license. Thats it. I do have the certificate of origin, but I wanna keep it.

If you are looking for the MCO, contact a Kawasaki dealership. New Haven Powersports in CT, did it for free. They told me everything about the original purchase. The owner, date it was bought, a whole load of stuff. So I simply Facebook messaged the original owner. To both of our surprises, the original owner actually had it. And then he just mailed it to me.

If you have any questions about the third form, which wasnt listed in the initial post, but is located on page 16, I can help you fill it out.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

cool, you're going to love South Dakota after this is all done. it really is silly that restrictions are put on "of road use only" motorcycles, for no reason at all.

i hear "but pollution would be horrible if you could tag just anything you wanted" and i justpoint to a million people commuting in luxo boxes , who wouldn't dare leave their AC for a dirty bike.
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

I'm gonna be doing this soon. The only thing I need to do in addition to that is sign or fill out an affidavit saying my state doesn't issue titles for vehicles older than 2001. How long does it take before you get your stuff back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

ohgood wrote: if your hybrid is a 125 frame, it won't work. the frame must be for a bike greater than 199cc
I thought it only had to be the motor? :cry:

That sucks. I thought I saw a hybrid with a SD plate on this forum before? I'll have to look around for that build thread and see what that person did.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

My paperwork is in the mail to south Dakota. I had to write an affidavit stating that I am the legal owner and that my state (ri) does not issue titles for vehicles older than 2001. Along with a copy of the bill of sale, my licence, and the 2 other forms. All notorized. Will update once i hear something.

mwoj
Supporting Member

Post by mwoj »

Yeah South dakota still works. Got my plate a week or two or three ago. No title yet. Reg. is good til Nov. 2017.
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Here's some pricing info for you guys.

mwoj
Supporting Member

Post by mwoj »

Same guy who did mine. Mine was
Tax\title\registration: $36.35