Clutch problem please help !

Got questions? We got answers....
donovanquin1

Post by donovanquin1 »

Hi I was was adjusting my cable. at the bottom I removed the cable and sprayed a lube there as it was squeaking. After I put cable back hoping this would help with it being so tight, it's now acting as if the clutch is permanently pulled in . The bike can roll freely in gear . Started bike and in 1 st could not pull away . Think it's inside the clutch unit as there is no change ( still rolling freely) if I toggle the activator outside the clutch ( cable attaches) too. I've never worked or opened the clutch so I'm confused as what it can be. Prob something small, as one moment it was tight and working the next nothing and I can roll bike in all gears . Please help , thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mwoj
Supporting Member

Post by mwoj »

Probably just need to adjust the cable
donovanquin1

Re: Clutch problem please help !

Post by donovanquin1 »

mwoj wrote:Probably just need to adjust the cable
Cable is off and bike rolls freely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Clutch problem please help !

Post by doakley »

First step is to ask 'What did I change?' (Cable) and put it back like it was. The lube didn't do this.
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Dekon »

Did the clutch arm pop out? It should be basically even with the top of the cover. Or, did the clutch nut come loose?
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Dekon wrote:Did the clutch arm pop out? It should be basically even with the top of the cover. Or, did the clutch nut come loose?
I would guess something along these lines as well. You may have over-rotated the arm in the attempt to get the cable off. I think you need to pull it all apart, inspect and then reassemble.