bike does not want to idle

Got questions? We got answers....
kawasaki220

bike does not want to idle

Post by kawasaki220 »

I have a 2000 kawasaki kdx 220 . I live in ontario just providing that info as I don't know the sea level here. The only mods to the bike are a end fatty and a fmf silencer believe a power core 2.

I have been having a issue with my bike not wanting to idle. I have gone through alot of checks and this is what I have found but I can't seem to get this problem licked and looking for help before I try and take it in.
I will first start off my compression in 148psi with 22 hours on the top end . the reed bales are not cracked chiped or deformed. The gaskets are all are all in good shape and when I run the bike i have sprayed carb cleaner and uses propane to try and detect a leak and seems to be all good. Now into the carb I have cleaned the carb out and inspected it for the float Height witch is within range. My needle jet is different than factory it is a r1173l2aflp the c clip is on 2nd groove from the top. The jets are different aswell main jet is 140 and piolt 38. I did not remove the tamper proof torqued to check the jet block gasket as I can't seem to find one. I was told to try and repack the muffler so I did that awell . I will add some pictures to see if I can get some help. Sorry for the long thread and if the crammed and punctuation is bad I am on a auto correct device. Plug looks to have carbon build up and don't know how to add pictures
CodyShires

Re: bike does not want to idle

Post by CodyShires »

Have you cleaned the jets? The jet block gasket could be the issue. You can get it here http://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/021_532_su.html
kawasaki220

Post by kawasaki220 »

Yes I have done a full carb clean with carb cleaner. If I knew how to upload pics I would to just show some stuff I will look into that gasket .
kawasaki220

Post by kawasaki220 »

I cannot get the gasket form that supplier as they do not ship to Canada. Will need to look else wair