Toys are arriving

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Toys are arriving

Post by Mark W »

Got the Desert Pipe in yesterday and bought some 607 reeds to put on as well. I thought that FMF would have done a better job on finishing the pipe - sanding marks (make that grinding marks) all over the pipe. Is this normal?

Anything to keep in mind when installing the reeds that isn't covered in the instructions that came with the reeds or covered in the manual?

Piston kit and stuff should arrive today. Stuff back from Ron sometime next week or the following week. Too bad it is only January 13th - I have a few months to wait to try the whole thing out.

Markl
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

wow, putting all that stuff on at once, you're not going to recognize that bike. Enjoy!
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Yeah, they do a crappy job of finishing the pipe prior to plating, guess the $$'s must be spent in the performance of the pipe. You'll have that thing scratched up in no time anyway.

That is quite a few mods at once, I always liked to do one mod at a time. After you test the new bike, tell us wich mod you liked best :razz: .

Sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun :supz: .
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Mark W »

Yeah, I'm taking some good natured crap about doing it all at once. I figure it this way - why not spend the money now while the bike is apart and do it one time? The carb upgrade from Ron may as well be done at the same time as machining the head (send things in only once to Ron, down time only once, ect...) I then figure that Ron says that the carb mod doesn't work well without an aftermarket pipe, it was designed to work this way so I got a pipe (I also had a store credit at Bob's Cycle that I needed to use soon).

Piston was done as the preventative thing that others have recommended and finally, the reeds I didn't need and I'll consider this one frivolous in a manner of speaking.

I went through modding up my sports car and did this one thing at a time. Seemed like I was always taking apart the same stuff again and again to upgrade something else - got to be old. Figure I'll try it this way this time.

What's the odds on the length of time before I loop the thing? How many hours/minutes/days after the first start up in the Spring?

Mark
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
Mark W wrote:What's the odds on the length of time before I loop the thing? How many hours/minutes/days after the first start up in the Spring?
Very Good, and Very Quick
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Within an hour... after it's warmed up! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

COOL, can't wait to get mine done. I hope it loops me a few times, love that feelin' . :rolleyes:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Mark:
Your life is obviously pretty tough. I hope you appreciate the terribleness of it all!!

As they say, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, huh?

:wink:

Have fun!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Tough Life

Post by Mark W »

I am very fortunate and appreciate all that has come my way - I am reminded of this especially on days like today. I am off to a funeral of a coworker who decided at age 58 that life wasn't worth living and took his life this past weekend with a gun to his head. Left behind a family that has to be devastated to say the least. I can only imagine the torture that his wife and kids must be putting themselves through, the questions they have and the answers they will never get.

My complaints in life are minor compared against whatever it was that made this man make the choices he did. Think of his family tonight as you are drifting off to sleep if you could.

Thanks -
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sorry to hear about your co-worker...particularly sorry for his family.

Glad to hear you know differnt!

Too many times, too often, folks don't take the time to realize how fortunate they are. I am sure there are those among us who HAVE had some tough knocks and I'm not making light of any of that.

My point is that there is ALways the choice of taking the 'half full' or 'half empty' point of view. That holds true regardless of how well life has treated you...or how poorly.

It does my heart good to hear someone express gratefulness for life. Thanks for saying so.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Sorry about your friend-Stress to the family that they SHOULD NOT, blame themselves or look for answers to questions that can not be answered. When a person is determined enough to take their life, there is very little anyone can do. No Pun intended, but when a person mentally gets to that stage (Suicide) they ARE NOT in their RIGHT MIND. Make sure the family has all the support they need and then some.

Like CC said "It does my heart good to hear someone express gratefulness for life"

GODS SPEED
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr