Odd kdx shifting problem

Got questions? We got answers....
Outdoorspark

Odd kdx shifting problem

Post by Outdoorspark »

Let me start out by saying i am new to the kdxrider and have just acquired a 2003 kdx220. The top end was just redone with very low hours. After test riding for 10mins i noticed shifting through the gears felt odd and sometimes it would slip back into natural from second gear? So cracked the case and clutch open to find my problem. The gear set lever had slipped out of position and keeps falling to the crank side of the engine after 3 or 4 shifts. Any help would be much appreciated
mwoj
Supporting Member

Re: Odd kdx shifting problem

Post by mwoj »

Kind of a different problem. But I had trouble with some gears in my 1985. Sometimes couldnt get this one or that one. I got new paws and shifter shaft, and everything worked fine. And check to make sure all the springs are still connected. One of mine had been tampered with so it was damaged and I got a new one. Hope it helps
GUNGUY148

Re: Odd kdx shifting problem

Post by GUNGUY148 »

Something holds the shift pawl in place and I bet it got left out by the previous owner. I can't remember if its a snap ring or what but I had the same problem when I was bench treating the trans on my '01 200 after a complete rebuild. Sorry I'm not more help....you can go on bikebandit and look at a parts breakdown and hopefully figure it out.