Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Getting started.......

Post by canyncarvr »

Pick one:

1. What kind of oil should I be using?

2. I've washed my silencer off over and over...and it still has this goo on it after every ride. What kind of soap do YOU guys use?

3. I've heard about jetting, but I don't know where to start. How many turns out should my air screw (the black nylon thing?) be?

4. I've leaned my bike out from 32:1 to 40:1. How much leaner should I go?

5. About chain maintenance........................;)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You make a good point CC. A sticky to Canadian Dave's site would go a long ways here.
Rethnal: How do I post photos, and how about an area to ask questions of the mods? (Like, how to post a photo, or other questions about the site and how to use it)
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey Ski... you can link your butt off here. I would rather have the content added here though. We can add an interpetation of the info that CDave has, ask him if he would want to post it here or just start from scratch. You guys are as much a part of this thing as anyone else. I can add a catagory for it and you can design the content if you wish, maybe a little more intuitive and worded a little better.
You can post a photo by using the "IMG" tags and putting in a URL to the image. In time this may be changing to the ability to upload a pic directly to the post if I can find the hack for it. I have been checking out various hacks and trying them on another "secret" site to see if they are useful and stable enough to use here. You can PM me anytime and i will respond within a day, but I will add an area for open questions about the website.
Thanks for the questions Skipro3!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

To the guy asking about oil: They have 100:1 oil at Wal-Mart. It should be cheap enough.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Getting started.......

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

canyncarvr wrote: 4. I've leaned my bike out from 32:1 to 40:1. How much leaner should I go?
I've seen how your bike leans !
Shoot if you can't find a rock or a stick to set the kickstand on it would fall right over! You should stay at 32:1 :lol:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

skipro3 wrote:You make a good point CC. A sticky to Canadian Dave's site would go a long ways here.
What about a "Gathered Information" Forum?

Basically a forum where each topic consists of a link to a page of content somewhere else and a copy/paste (and rewording?) of the relevent information? That way we end up having a copy of the important KDX information that is out there (the RB-carb mod thread in the DRN archives springs to mind) and people can refer to the source for more information.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E