Bought another KDX

Got questions? We got answers....
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Bought another KDX

Post by JFortner5 »

I just couldn't resist the green machine. In the past year I've had two 220's. I sold one thinking I wanted something different, then bought another one but sold it to fund some other projects.

I bought this 200 today from a friend, I wasn't really actively looking for a bike but it kind of fell in my lap.

It has a Wiseco piston, hot rods crank, rad valve, FMF pipe and pro circuit silencer. My question is about the reliability of the hot rods crankshaft. The engine was professionally rebuilt so I feel good about that. I've read some stories about Wiseco cranks coming apart with very few hours on them.

The bike starts first kick and runs great so I'm not too worried. I'm anxious to go for a good ride on this bike and see how it feels compared to my 220's.

One more thing, the FMF pipe I believe is the torque pipe, the number on the mounting flange ends in 57, anybody know if it's woods or desert?

Thanks,
Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joey

2003 KDX 220R
greener200h

Bought another KDX

Post by greener200h »

WOODY
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Bought another KDX

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool bike.

Any chance it is a Hot Rods connecting kit instead of the whole crankshaft? I think there is no aftermarket crankshaft for a KDX. Maybe there used to be, but ki am not sure on that.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Re: Bought another KDX

Post by JFortner5 »

You are probably right. I bought the bike from a friend of mines brother. He bought it from the original owner who had it rebuilt. They have the paperwork on it somewhere but the brother lives in Georgia.

I'm also thinking it has boyeson reeds and not the RAD valve but I haven't looked at it real good.

Seems to be a decent bike. I took it for a little spin just now and I must say I'm really enjoying how the power comes on up top compared to my 220. It is a little softer on the bottom but nothing major. I've got a little tweaking to do on the jetting, probably raise the needle clip one notch for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joey

2003 KDX 220R