2 stroke pre-mix black hole

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

RockyMtnMC sells SuperM. Even by the time you pay their stoopid shipping fees, it's still a whole lot less than you'll find it anywhere else.

Well...I buy the 'value pak' BigBottles.

Amsoil Shamsoil.... :blink: But...whatever............ :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Amsoil Shamsoil.... :blink: But...whatever............ :wink:
Please explain.... Did you see the piece on Modern Marvels (Lubricants) 1/4 of that show was about Amsoil.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:

Amsoil Shamsoil.... :blink: But...whatever............ :wink:

And this, from the queen of spooge. :roll:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

:cry:

Can I at least be the Prince of Spooge? The KING, even!!

The Guy of Spooge!

The Drip Laddie!

Boy Wonder of Bunkhole!!

But, queen?!

You are being VERY mean to me!! :neutral:

Re: Amsoil

I just get a kick out of ANYone that thinks <insert name here> oil is the best thing ever!!

...Everyone knows that SuperM is the best.... End of discussion. :blink:
...thassa joke, son.

Re: Modern Marvels

As in Marvel Mystery Oil? As in....it's a Mystery whats in it? :shock:

I get a kick out of those engines that run with NO oil for eleventy hours having had a speshul oil-soaked rag waved over the air intake snorkel!! Now THAT'S amazing!!

Oh...that's not an Amsoil ad, 'eh? Well...I guess there IS something better then!! :rolleyes:

Honestly...whatever works for you..floats your boat and all that! Really! :razz:

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Unlike most oil preferences... this is data driven..... Oh... and proven. :mrgreen:

re:Modern Marvels

It's on the History Channel... check it out sometime! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Figgers lie and liars figger!

...don't take it personally.

That's another personal favorite joke of mine..'studies' that 'prove' stuff!

Oh yeah!!

:roll:

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah... 'specially Newton's Law!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Lutz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Lutz »

Not to say that Amsoil is better than everything...but for what it's worth, it's all I use...in my dirtbike...to mix in the gas. Granted I haven't used a great many different brands of two stroke oils...actually most have been various Amsoil types. Anyway, I've never had a problem with spooge while running Amsoil, and my bike is still running on a 100% original bottom end (until this winter, when it will get its first tear down). When I did the top end a few years ago, there was very little carbon build up on the powervalves (considering 4 or five years previous to that having never been apart).

So I guess I'm from the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' crowd on this topic. I have zero complaints and the various Amsoils are readily available to me (Hell, I live only a short drive from the world headquarters). Other brands of oil are not nearly as consistently available to me around here...they are commonly available, but not as consistently in so many places. Then again, maybe I only notice the Amsoils and have blinders on to the rest. :rolleyes:
Keep It Simple Stupid
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Carvr, you keep trying to appoint yourself king. Queen is as high as I will rank anyone, for now.

Now, you KNOW there are differences in quality of oils out there or you wouldn't be dealing with SuperM right now. So, if one oil (BelRay) is pure crap, then another oil MUST be at the other extreme. Not every oil, although every oil may be better than that stuff. I don't go by numbers and it's caused me trouble with a certain chain nazi we all love. Experiance, in my book, is all that matters but I do need to have a base to work from. So, independant studies and data are the best hope of that and gives me a starting point. Then comentary from users who's opinions I respect weeds down the crowd until I have a few oils to test. SuperM, for now, is the best I've tried. Mobil 1 MX2T is the worst. In both performance and spooge. Redline is almost as good as SuperM but stains everything red. My natural colored tank on my KX will eventually end up a muddy stained mess if I ran it all the time. It does make it easy to tell you added oil though.

BTW, back in the mid '80's I used an Amsoil product that was an octane booster of some sort. A few drops per gallon was the only thing that could make my YZ490 start reliably. I loved that stuff. It would turn any 2 stroke into a half kick starting bike. It came in a clear bottle shaped like most gas additives; a long, thin neck and about 8 oz container. Anyone recall that stuff?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I don't preach it... just use it and believe in it. It's not dyed either .... so use a specific can and mix everytime you add.

I've never had a new car or else I would use it in it too, the long change intervals ends up saving money over conventional oils... but that's neither here nor there...

I don't recall what you speak of Jer.... They may still make it as they do make fuel additives.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yeah, I run it in the VDub....25k mi changes....
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Good grief...I'm just rousing the rabble!

It evidently worked! :wink:

...btw...being the King of Spooge isn't a good thing, is it? I'll pretty much guarandamtee mine is better'n (meaning of course WORSE'n) yours!

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No one ever said King.... Queen I believe was used in reference to your spoogism! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:No one ever said King.... Queen I believe was used in reference to your spoogism! :wink:
I never said Carvr was the queen of anything. The reference was to the bike. Most refer to their KDX as a gal. I do anyway.

Now if I toss out a general garment and someone claims it fits, then there's nothing I can do about that, now is there!?

Moonrocks Monday :supz:
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: 'you keep trying to appoint yourself king.'

I'm just better at spoo than 'YOU' are..whoever 'you' are!

Gotta fix that vavle......... :neutral:

It fits! It FITS! It FITS!!!!

YeeHAw!!!

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here's the link to my temp Amsoil site:

http://www.synthetic-oil-tech.com/1380480/

As soon as I get it all ironed out, I will be running a rebate program. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****