2 stroke pre-mix black hole

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

2 stroke pre-mix black hole

Post by bradf »

I am looking for my favorite Castrol TTS, can't find it within 50 miles. Tried my second choice Super M, can't find it. Tried to get Mobile 1, can't find it.I have called every place. Where is it on line, can't find it!
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

While everyone is scratching their heads, anybody know where to get good 'ol Torco premix?

I've been using Amsoil, which works very well, but it's the nostalgia thing about Torco.
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's one reason I switched to Amsoil... I always know where to get it... and by the gallons! :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I've not seen Amsoil either, nor do I know a dealer, nor is one listed in the book. Throttlehead (out of business) used to carry TTS and Super M. Rockymountainmc, motosportoutlet, Denniskirk no go. I have no pre-mix and I don't want to use the Honda stuff or the Walmart stuff. I called all 3 places in Tallahassee and every place in Valdosta too...nothing!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Buy Amsoil direct. http://www.amsoil.com
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

Amsoil website:

http://www.amsoil.com/

You can order direct, but you probably want to find a dealer in your area.

If you do a more detailed google search including your state and city you will probably find a local distributor. Amsoil has a funky distribution network, so you rarely see their products in regular stores.

If you have an 4-strokes (including wet-clutch models) the Amsoil motorcycle specific engine oil is excellent, and about the same price as the motorcycle stores charge for the other synthetics.
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

http://www.amsoil.com/dealerinfo2.aspx

Fill it out...and they will tell you....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have 7 pint sized bottles of Mobil 1 MX2T for sale. I think I paid 8 bucks a bottle for it plus sales tax but I'll sell it for 6 bucks a bottle including shipping just to get it out of the garage.

Tell me more about Amsoil performance. I'm currently running SuperM with great results but would like to have a back-up oil I know works in my bikes. I thought the Mobil 1 stuff would, but it causes both my bikes to spooge so bad, they make Carvr's look like a 4 stroke's exhaust in comparision.

There's a local shop here that sells Torco, SuperM and Castrol. Their website is:
http://www.mtnmoto.net

For the SuperM the link is:
http://www.mtnmoto.net/productdetail.ht ... alogId=155

For the other oils, take a look yourself, or just drop them an e-mail. Brian owns the shop and I've met him several times personally. He's a hard core rider himself and anything you need, he can get for you. I've had him get me some pretty strange stuff. He's interested enough to ask what and why I need what I ask for and we end up talking for hours.

Good Luck!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I finally found some TTS online at http://www.proformanceusa.com with free shipping over $40. It's cheaper than what I paid for it in WA. I bought a case.

TTS does not leave a drop of spooge and the KIPS is spotless. Bubba runs it too! :supz: The adds say he does, and they wouldn't lie.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Tell me more about Amsoil performance. I'm currently running SuperM with great results but would like to have a back-up oil I know works in my bikes. I thought the Mobil 1 stuff would, but it causes both my bikes to spooge so bad, they make Carvr's look like a 4 stroke's exhaust in comparision.

Well Jer... when they say 50:1... they mean it. This stuff is CLEAN! Iwas running 40:1 and was getting some spooge, switched to 50:1 and it went away. They are the Godfathers of synthetic oil... way before Mobil 1 and they beat Mobil 1 by far in the four bearing test and every other test. Check out their website.... all the data is there.

This is what I use....

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

Opti 2 has a huge share of the market here.

http://www.opti2-4.com/opti-2.htm

No one seems to talk about it south of the 49th. Is there any reason for that?
I use it in every two stroke I have - weedwacker, boat motor, bikes, chain saw... and have no problems. It's about $12USD/US qt. Is that pricey?
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yup... that's pricey!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

layoutd

Post by layoutd »

Man, i've got a bad spoogie bike, and i am using the Mobile 1 at a 16 oz (pint right) to 5 gallons and you could lube a train axle with the stuff that comes out of my tail pipe. i have worked the jets like f-16s over irag and still get it. should i thin the mix and maybe go 12 oz to 5 gallons. damn math, i could figure this out if i took 2sec....okay 12.8 oz? will this eliminate the spooge, or should i break down and order the amsoil?
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A got a mixture calculator as a Sticky at the top of the Q&A forum! :wink:

I think that may help... My bike always spoo'd on the Mobil 1 too.

Guys... I can get the Amsoil for ya....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
layoutd wrote: you could lube a train axle with the stuff that comes out of my tail pipe.
Exactly what I'm experiancing too.

O.K. Inda, spill the details on supplying the Amsoil. I'm ready to give it a go.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Tell me what you want and I will get it to ya.

Quart, case, Gallon, 5 gallons what....

Interceptor is made to keep your powervalve pristene.. as in no carbon buildup burn super clean and needs to be run 50:1

Dominator is the racing version of the above. Same 50:1 (not needed if your not racing.... as in MX)
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fulltiltboogie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by fulltiltboogie »

For Amsoil........Sign up through a dealer as a retail account. I buy a case of 4 gallons at a time to get the best prices. Or..........any dealer or retail account can order it for you and they will dropship right to your door.
Last edited by fulltiltboogie on 02:01 am Jan 09 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There ya go! Got ya covered.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

layoutd

Post by layoutd »

So, Inda, can you set up some type of ordering form through the website? accept paypal? :supz:
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'll get it setup...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****